What is righter dark matter or new equation of gravitational slowing of time?

DimaMazin

Seriously? We're supposed to discuss based on a single equation? Without the terms used in it defined?

Why don't you show us... plot the predictions made by the current best dark matter theories, the predictions made by your equation there, and the current best experimental values. That would go quite a way towards helping to figure what is 'righter' [sic].... 'more correct'.

Notwithstanding the paucity of information given in the OP

Here's a link to a map of the presumed distribution of dark matter

http://sci.esa.int/planck/51604-all-sky-map-of-dark-matter-distribution-in-the-universe/

and it's far more complicated than anything which could be explained by that simple equation.

So the data from which the map was compiled agrees with something complicated, but it won't agree with anything with as few terms as that equation.

To me that says that the equation is less right than the dark matter explanation.

Either that, or the terms in that eqn are horribly complicated 4 dimensional tensors or some such.

Seriously? We're supposed to discuss based on a single equation? Without the terms used in it defined?

Why don't you show us... plot the predictions made by the current best dark matter theories, the predictions made by your equation there, and the current best experimental values. That would go quite a way towards helping to figure what is 'righter' [sic].... 'more correct'.

Yes,my question is some wrong because dark matter theories are just astronomy of refraction of light. My equation is just theoretical physics.

Notwithstanding the paucity of information given in the OP

Here's a link to a map of the presumed distribution of dark matter

http://sci.esa.int/planck/51604-all-sky-map-of-dark-matter-distribution-in-the-universe/

Yes, there is paucity of gravitational masses in congestions of dark matter on the map for a check of my equation.

Yes,my question is some wrong because dark matter theories are just astronomy of refraction of light. My equation is just theoretical physics.

I don't get this reply at all. Are you trying to imply that there isn't any theoretical physics in astronomy?

It's the physics of the stuff we can't see directly, but we know ids present because of the effect its gravity has on other things which we can see.

From that we can deduce, for example, where it is (hence the map I cited earlier).

I can't see any way that your simple formula could explain that very complicated map.

So I think your formula is wrong.

If I'm mistaken please provide an explanation of the motions of the stars that works as well as dark matter, but which is based on your equation.

I realise that may take you some time.

It's the physics of the stuff we can't see directly, but we know ids present because of the effect its gravity has on other things which we can see.

From that we can deduce, for example, where it is (hence the map I cited earlier).

I can't see any way that your simple formula could explain that very complicated map.

So I think your formula is wrong.

If I'm mistaken please provide an explanation of the motions of the stars that works as well as dark matter, but which is based on your equation.

I realise that may take you some time.

Some time?It's much time.smile.png

I think dark matter doesn't create resistance to moving object, therefore it has no momentum,therefore it can't attract,therefore it doesn't exist. Therefore we should search right formula.wink.png

Some time?It's much time.smile.png

I think dark matter doesn't create resistance to moving object, therefore it has no momentum,therefore it can't attract,therefore it doesn't exist. Therefore we should search right formula.wink.png

How about dealing with the actual data? Does your formula account for the observations that led to the idea of dark matter in the first place? Personally, I don't see the connection of a time equation to dark matter in the first place, since we have no measurements of time dilation that could be attributed to dark matter.

How about dealing with the actual data? Does your formula account for the observations that led to the idea of dark matter in the first place? Personally, I don't see the connection of a time equation to dark matter in the first place, since we have no measurements of time dilation that could be attributed to dark matter.

Refraction of light in vacuum is indicator of gravitational slowing of time.Any gravitation creates slowing of time and refraction of motion.

"I think dark matter doesn't create resistance to moving object"

How would you know?

Also, I think that one of the few things we do know about dark matter is that it attracts things, so you are wrong.

Does dark matter have momentum?

that might be important to gravitational lensing, but what about the other evidence for dark matter?

They have similar equations.tongue.png

Does dark matter have momentum?

Yep. As evidenced by the Bullet Cluster. Two galaxies clusters collided. In the process the dark matter and visible matter were separated due to the fact that the collision slowed the visible matter but not the dark matter. In other words, the dark matter's momemtum carried it clear of the visible matter.

Yep. As evidenced by the Bullet Cluster. Two galaxies clusters collided. In the process the dark matter and visible matter were separated due to the fact that the collision slowed the visible matter but not the dark matter. In other words, the dark matter's momemtum carried it clear of the visible matter.

Then I recognize that I am wrong.rolleyes.gif

Yep.[dark matter has momentum] As evidenced by the Bullet Cluster. Two galaxies clusters collided. In the process the dark matter and visible matter were separated due to the fact that the collision slowed the visible matter but not the dark matter. In other words, the dark matter's momemtum carried it clear of the visible matter.

The reason the dark matter does not slow down is because unlike ordinary matter it does not interact electromagnetically. Here is a quote from the WIKI article about the Bullet Cluster: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet_Cluster

The hot gas of the two colliding components, seen in X-rays, represents most of the mass of the ordinary (baryonic) matter in the cluster pair. The gases interact electromagnetically, causing the gases of both clusters to slow much more than the stars.[or the dark matter]

Edited by Bill Angel