"Numerology" what is the big deal???

Iwonderaboutthings

"Numerology" what is the big deal???

I hear many scientist have issues with this, so then " why use numbers at all'?

To do so would that make you a hypocrite?

From algebra, trigonometry and many other styles of math including Chinese, don't these stem from ancient times and cultures whom included more " spirit " in their science than expensive test that have caused more damage to the earth than positive results??

Surly scientist cannot believe that their is no "true" secrecy in numbers, otherwise why would they have been used for sooooooooo long until now???

Oh see, no real evidence for their use right?

So why then link them to units and fundamental constants??

There is YOUR PROOF RIGHT???

Oh I forgot time exist in a another dimension " UNSEEN"

Then as per the protocols of science time as we know it to be ' DOES NOT EXIST"

So then since numerology does not exist, nor time then what is the point of life and science???

I hear many scientist have issues with this, so then " why use numbers at all'?

To do so would that make you a hypocrite?

You are equating mathematics with numerology.

Don't confuse mathematically modelling the world with trying to find mystical connections bewteen numbers or patterns and real world events.

You are equating mathematics with numerology.

Don't confuse mathematically modelling the world with trying to find mystical connections between numbers or patterns and real world events.

This is simple:

LAY LINES

BERMUDA TRIANGLE

THE PYRAMIDS

Question, would the double slit experiment perform the same on the planet Jupiter???

Numerology has nothing to do with "modeling the world per say" that is mostly Mundane Astrology..

However I think anyone can predict what the future holds for this world its called more madness, greed and power trips.

"HOWEVER" since we are here,

WHAT IS THE CAUSE FOR ALL THE MESS IN THIS WORLD?

What causes greed?

What causes hate?

What cause homosexuality??

Religion??

War???

COULD SCIENCE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS????

OR COULD SOMEONE DEALING WITH METAPHYSICS AND NUMEROLOGY DO BETTER?

In either cases the world is a MESS coupled with " all their beliefs" its good to have an open mind though.

Edited by Iwonderaboutthings

Question, would the double slit experiment perform the same on the planet Jupiter???

Yes the physics on Jupiter is the same as the physics here on Earth, which we strongly believe is the same everywhere in the Universe.

"HOWEVER" since we are here,

WHAT IS THE CAUSE FOR ALL THE MESS IN THIS WORLD?

What causes greed?

What causes hate?

What cause homosexuality??

Religion??

War???

Maybe there are some scientific answers for these, maybe not. I don't know.

COULD SCIENCE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS????

OR COULD SOMEONE DEALING WITH METAPHYSICS AND NUMEROLOGY DO BETTER?

I am sure that numerology would not hep you with these questions. The study of human psychology, social interactions, economics, politics and so on may help.

Evolution, too. Most of those things are understandable byproducts of other characteristics selected for throughout humanity's ancient past.

Numerology and metaphysics allow you to make up your own answers, but they don't generally tend to help you be either correct or accurate with those answers. This IMO is why science tends to discard it as a waste of time lacking the required rigor.

Obligatory shout out:

Edited by iNow

Evolution, too. Most of those things are understandable byproducts of other characteristics selected for throughout humanity's ancient past.

Numerology and metaphysics allow you to make up your own answers, but they don't generally tend to help you be either correct or accurate with those answers. This IMO is why science tends to discard it as a waste of time lacking the required rigor.

Obligatory shout out:

I totally agree with you and thanks, however the Uncertainty Principle, Particle in a box " too" are IE Your words : tend to help you be either correct or accurate.

Science I have been told is a generalization of real physical interactions..

Yes the physics on Jupiter is the same as the physics here on Earth, which we strongly believe is the same everywhere in the Universe.

Maybe there are some scientific answers for these, maybe not. I don't know.

I am sure that numerology would not hep you with these questions. The study of human psychology, social interactions, economics, politics and so on may help.

ajb no disrespect, you have had the most super answers for me before,

But I asked:

Would the double Slit Experiment Work on the planet Jupiter, I was not talking about Earth and Jupiter having the same physics.

By the way, how can Jupiter "a mostly gas atmospheric planet" even come close to the physics of earth?

Unless I don't know something then this would be wrong.

However, I have never been on other worlds to know this to be either true nor false..

Someone would have to go the Jupiter and perform this Double Slit Experiment.

After all this is physics right? not some mystical connection bumbo jumbo right?

Would the double Slit Experiment Work on the planet Jupiter, I was not talking about Earth and Jupiter having the same physics.

You would get experimental results that are consistent with that you would get on Earth for the double slit experiment and any other experiment you wish to conduct.

By the way, how can Jupiter "a mostly gas atmospheric planet" even come close to the physics of earth?

Unless I don't know something then this would be wrong.

The physical conditions on Jupiter are clearly very different to that on Earth, however the physics, that is the mathematical laws governing the natural phenomena on both planets is the same.

However, I have never been on other worlds to know this to be either true nor false..

Someone would have to go the Jupiter and perform this Double Slit Experiment.

Okay, but we know that our space probes work fine and these give us no indication that there is any reason to think that quantum mechanics would be different on or near Jupiter.

Edited by ajb

ajb no disrespect, you have had the most super answers for me before,

But I asked:

I can think of no other way of interpreting the question.

You would get experimental results that are consistent with that you would get on Earth for the double slit experiment and any other experiment you wish to conduct.

The physical conditions on Jupiter are clearly very different to that on Earth, however the physics, that is the mathematical laws governing the natural phenomena on both planets is the same.

Okay, but we know that our space probes work fine and these give us no indication that there is any reason to think that quantum mechanics would be different on or near Jupiter.

ajb I don't mean to sound like a retard, but did you say:

Mathematical laws governing the natural phenomena on both worlds is the same???

This could only mean one thing, and that would be that physics does not deal with " any" type of dimension at all.

It must be static and found everywhere all at once..

I guess this is a speed of light deal then?

Singularities?

This is weird and exciting at the same time!

Perhaps you're thinking of physics like a tool that uses (for instance) US Standard measurements here on Earth but uses the metric system on Jupiter?

Yes this is exactly what I am thinking. Its hard not to, we are talking about other worlds, or rather humans being the only species in the universe with the only devices to measure things. However, I have read that SI units are universal in the sense that it can be used on other planets.

However, I think a member made a point very clear, but I am unsure why mathematics is at all involved. The real issue is dealing with the many ways of factoring the same product, sum and etc...

Its should be one simple process, but I know it is not.

Mathematical laws governing the natural phenomena on both worlds is the same???

Yes, I would state that the laws of physics on Earth are the same as on Jupiter.

This could only mean one thing, and that would be that physics does not deal with " any" type of dimension at all.

It must be static and found everywhere all at once..

That is how you should think of it.

I guess this is a speed of light deal then?

Singularities?

Right, for example we see no real evidence that light does not travel in vacumm at the speed c in any other region of the Universe. We are pretty sure that this is a universal law found all across the Universe.

Yes, I would state that the laws of physics on Earth are the same as on Jupiter.

That is how you should think of it.

Right, for example we see no real evidence that light does not travel in vacumm at the speed c in any other region of the Universe. We are pretty sure that this is a universal law found all across the Universe.

You have left me speechless! WOW! I was thinking all this to be the case, but really wanted to hear this from someone else!

This is why math and numbers never made sense to me, but they sure as hell do now!

I am sure everyone here knows you are beyond brilliance! JEEEZ! I am still speechless, WOW! Your one good scientist!

Thanks!

So, looks like I better really get on high level mathematics then! What you told me here and now is more than enough inspiration it is a push with a thrust!

I am sure everyone here knows you are beyond brilliance! JEEEZ! I am still speechless, WOW! Your one good scientist!

Thanks!

So, looks like I better really get on high level mathematics then! What you told me here and now is more than enough inspiration it is a push with a thrust!

Thanks and your welcome.