Does Matter Know Its Being Watched???

The double slit experiment tested over and over again, suggest that the electron knows it is being watched.

If so then could "matter" know it is being watched by people.

For example could my bath tub know I am watching it??

If yes:

Why does it remain the same stationary size?

Why does it not move away from me?

Why does my bath tub stay at rest?

Even better, how does my bath tub keep it's shape??

Are those the gluon particles?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Iwonderaboutthings

The double slit experiment tested over and over again, suggest that the electron knows it is being watched.

If yes:

Thanks in advance.

Watching requires an interaction. On a microscopic level it is insignificant, but at the double slit experimental level it is.

At the macroscopic level your bathtub stays at rest ( in the non inertial earth frame), but is buffeted around, shape and all, at the atomic level.

Watching requires an interaction. On a microscopic level it is insignificant, but at the double slit experimental level it is.

At the macroscopic level your bathtub stays at rest ( in the non inertial earth frame), but is buffeted around, shape and all, at the atomic level.

Thanks for replying.

What is the non inertial earth frame?

Buy the way, why do I have a -1 for asking a question???

If you were going to make something efficient, wouldn't you just make sure it worked when it wasn't being looked at? Rather than worrying about all the little details?

No it doesn't "know" anything. We only "know" what we perceive.

And this is the wave/partical duality. It seems to be both, when we measure it.

Edited by __Ben__

If you were going to make something efficient, wouldn't you just make sure it worked when it wasn't being looked at? Rather than worrying about all the little details?

Hymmm, not sure if I agree, you see the issue is why the " wave" motion???

I always had in my mind that c and pi ratio seem somehow connected due to sin waves and pi ratio used in trig but that is only a point of view here.

However, does the electron also " split in two"? Meaning that does the electron in mid air prior to passing through the slit, does it multiply into 2??

Another way of asking...

1 electron is projected towards the slit, but before it passes it becomes 2...

The reason I ask is because this video link, seems to show that it does, but I may be wrong.

DR. QUANTUM - DOUBLE SLIT EXPERIMENT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1YqgPAtzho

Thanks!

1 electron is projected towards the slit, but before it passes it becomes 2...

The reason I ask is because this video link, seems to show that it does, but I may be wrong.

You seem to have missed the wave aspect of the experiment.

If yes:

Thanks in advance.

These matter wont even get a clue that they are being watched; nor our cells would get to know that they are being watched. It is only Rhodopsin and Iodopsin that react toeach and every colour of our spectrum. Only they could sense the light and help us know that we are being watched.

But of course, quarks and lepton would feel a sensation that they are being observed. This is because, any physical change at nano-level would affect the attributes of the particle.

For eg, a change in the position of a toe would generate a force that values to approximately 100nN [10^(-7) newtons]. This would change the tension of gluon.

the wave aspect very very confusing stuff, why does one electron seem to split in 2??

From 1 electron then becomes 2 electrons?

is this wave " there" already guiding the electron " before it enters into the slits??

No. The point is that "1 electron" is really a wave, and this wave normally passes through both slits.

I hope not... because it won't like the way that I look at it, when I'm on my computer looking at por... nevermind it's a bad joke, it doesn't matter.

Pork. I look at pork online, it makes me hungry.

MMmmm I lova "uhh" good " ole" pork now and then, nice an juicy too! HA!tongue.png

Tell me, whats your favorite part of porking " Uhmm------>eating??" I like pork head, really! I tried this one time at a MexicaTacoria, it was scrumptious..photo+4.JPG

Me and the electron have " similar traits" grineyebrow.gif

lol they do look good. Remember to delete your search history after searching pork products online.

Me and the electron have " similar traits" grineyebrow.gif

I'm slow on getting physics jokes, so you might have to explain that one!

lol they do look good. Remember to delete your search history after searching pork products online.

I'm slow on getting physics jokes, so you might have to explain that one!

nevermind it's a bad joke, it doesn't matter.tongue.png

But in pure philosophy I think the electron may be bi curiousohmy.png

On one end it acts straight is in a straight line but when things heat up it bends,,, get it??

No. The point is that "1 electron" is really a wave, and this wave normally passes through both slits.

It seems to be predefined???????????

Uhhohmy.png , I would really love to be able to visualize this "please"

The electron is " already a wave" meaning that a "physical wave path" is there that is " really the electron?"

What I am seeing is this:

An invisible wave " already there" stationary " static" and then the electron " appears "

out of nowhere" hops on this wave and follows this pattern??

How so through them slits???

How does this wave know where those slits are??????????

The problem is that you are visualizing this classically. It's a conceptual leap everyone seems to have trouble with — we aren't used to thinking in these ways, because what we experience every day is classical.

But an electron is not a little ball. If you look at how it, (and everything else) behaves, you see that it's a wave, but with certain quantized properties, including interacting at a localized place when you try and detect it. Electrons diffract and interfere — they behave like waves, as do other things we call particles; protons, atoms, even molecules. They have a wavelength given by h/p, where p is the momentum.

The problem is that you are visualizing this classically. It's a conceptual leap everyone seems to have trouble with — we aren't used to thinking in these ways, because what we experience every day is classical.

But an electron is not a little ball. If you look at how it, (and everything else) behaves, you see that it's a wave, but with certain quantized properties, including interacting at a localized place when you try and detect it. Electrons diffract and interfere — they behave like waves, as do other things we call particles; protons, atoms, even molecules. They have a wavelength given by h/p, where p is the momentum.

You say -----> localized place??????

when you try to detect it???

Where????

Are these positions relative to each other in the wave pattern?????????????????

If yes, how would this relate to spin 1/2 particles???

Momentum???? Angular?????????

I am very familiar with the constchetens of modern day particles so this helps me understands what we are talking about.

I want to know if their is a wave " an "invisible one" that the particles uses as a predefined path...

You suggested this earlier this is why I am asking again..

Its a wave right??

From what I know a wave is well " a wave" it has time as in wave length..

I assume this is where torque speed and spin 1/2 particles came into the picture???

The issue for me is this wave deal.............

I think on this subject a while ago.so could it be the information and the observer the same one?

you to observe required you to know where to look.that means you know whats there before you look at it.

Edited by sheever

• 1 month later...