Is Current Electricity Theory Wrong?

Windevoid

It may be a design flaw. The multimeter shows volts as amps even when amps is chosen and the amp holes are lit up.

What does "shows volts as amps" mean? What does "the amp holes are lit up" mean?

What make/model of multimeter are you using? Do you have the instructions for it?

But it still measures only 1 milliamp even to the resistor with the least resistance. Wit the 2 to 3 amps it should say like 20 milliamps or higher due to the supposed bias to lower resistance. It looks like the amps still can't get through yet.

But it still measures only 1 milliamp even to the resistor with the least resistance. Wit the 2 to 3 amps it should say like 20 milliamps or higher due to the supposed bias to lower resistance. It looks like the amps still can't get through yet.

Have you actually calculated what the current should be through each resistor and in total?

What is the voltage of the battery in your circuit?

Can you explain what that means. What is an "Amp hole"?

What make/model of multimeter are you using?

It's a Mastech MS8268.

Have you actually calculated what the current should be through each resistor and in total?

What is the voltage of the battery in your circuit?

All seems normal now. I think.

But I had a strange idea once. Maybe the power of a circuit doesn't come from the battery. Maybe it comes from the wires, and it forces chemicals in the battery to react, rather than chemicals in the battery reacting and forcing the wires and lightbulbs to react.

It's a Mastech MS8268.

So, looking at the manual, when you say "Amp hole" are you referring to having the leads plugged into one of the sockets for measuring current? Did you also have the knob turned to the right settting. You seems to get such random "it's wrong no it's right now" readings, that I suspect user error...

All seems normal now. I think.

So, can you tell us what the battery voltage in your circuit is? And what currents you calculate? And what currents you measure?

Or is it a secret? :)

But I had a strange idea once. Maybe the power of a circuit doesn't come from the battery. Maybe it comes from the wires, and it forces chemicals in the battery to react, rather than chemicals in the battery reacting and forcing the wires and lightbulbs to react.

So, looking at the manual, when you say "Amp hole" are you referring to having the leads plugged into one of the sockets for measuring current? Did you also have the knob turned to the right settting. You seems to get such random "it's wrong no it's right now" readings, that I suspect user error...

So, can you tell us what the battery voltage in your circuit is? And what currents you calculate? And what currents you measure?

Or is it a secret? smile.png

It seems back to the theory I learned for parallel circuits in high school and college.

And your strange idea is wrong. No big deal.

If you insist that it's right, or just want to confirm that it's wrong, then you need to come up with tests to run that show it works this way, rather than according to accepted theory. Just stating the idea and stopping there isn't worth the electrons used to display it on the screen.

If you insist that it's right, or just want to confirm that it's wrong, then you need to come up with tests to run that show it works this way, rather than according to accepted theory. Just stating the idea and stopping there isn't worth the electrons used to display it on the screen.

I suppose, in this idea, the battery chemicals would gain energy instead of losing it. So if you reacted them you'd get more energy than normal.

I think.

You do realize that you don't need wires for a battery to release its energy, right? If you doubt this, put your tongue on the ends of a 9V battery.

The very first batteries were piles of rags with chemicals on them. Very simplistic voltaic piles. And people discovered that when you picked up the piles of rags, they'd get a shock.

And what about a Van der Graaf generator? It doesn't have a closed loop of wire in its circuit; are you also going to claim that energy is coming from the air?

There are a lot of phenomena that we know about that doesn't seem to fit this idea of yours.

I suppose, in this idea, the battery chemicals would gain energy instead of losing it. So if you reacted them you'd get more energy than normal.

I think.

Do batteries act this way? I mean, seriously, an experiment like this is the lowest hanging fruit out there. NO! Batteries run down and then the electronics stop working. If the energy came from the wires, why would you need batteries?

At the negative side of the battery/wire, I guess.

And why? What would cause this?

If charges "leaked", then there would be a charge imbalance, which would attract the "leaking" charges. That force gets strong pretty quickly.

If charges "leaked", then there would be a charge imbalance, which would attract the "leaking" charges. That force gets strong pretty quickly.

If something like that happened, then there wouldn't be electric circuits at all. The "electrons" would never be able to get out of the battery.

Windevoid,

I do not want to discourage any creative thinking. But I highly encourage you to do some reading on what actually constitutes a battery, and why metal are good conductors of electricity.

All these questions you are asking have been answered, and the flaws in your idea would be apparent with some basic understanding of how batteries create electricity, and how charges & electrons behaved.

Your questions like 'what if the wires were the energy course' aren't thought provoking, deep, or challenging the mainstream. They just make you look uneducated, and like one who doesn't think the ramification of their idea all the way out.

Again, creativity is needed in the sciences. Highly, highly desired, as a matter of fact. But you don't get any cred just from tossing out any old idea that pops into your head. Where you get credit is when you show how all the effects based on your idea make predictions or explanations that are even better than the ones we have now. To do this right, you need to know how well we does this now. And let me give you a hint -- in terms of basic circuits, we are going really quite well with our predictions. You may indeed make even better predictions. But you need to show that, not just blurt out every untested idea that comes to you.

If something like that happened, then there wouldn't be electric circuits at all. The "electrons" would never be able to get out of the battery.

Something like what, the electrostatic force? The net charge in a battery is zero. For every electron that leaves, one enters.

Stop telling nature how to behave.