My documented use (Antibiotics)

I've spent many years dealing with lumps in my groin and under my armpits. I don't think MRSA is a disease, I think it's much more complicated.

I noticed that over the past week I've gotten real sick with a stuffy nose and a lung infection on top of the bumps in my pubic hair that have been there for a while. I want progress, so thats why I'm posting.

It turns out that my room got me pretty sick, so I'm taking steps to keep it sanitary and I'm going to document it (with the permission of the moderators).

I will not take Bactrim because it makes me feel like my body is a warzone. Extreme discomfort to say the least.

Doxycycline requires constant attention to detail and us probably a very powerful antibiotic, but it leads to chest pains from what seems to be a fungal infection.

The best (and tastiest) antibiotic I have used yet is Clarithromycin. It's really clearing up my lungs (I'm a smoker unfortunately), and I'm constantly coughing and spitting up chunks. My bumps have went down in the pubic region and they have been draining. I'm not so embarrassed about it anymore (although I still have no sex drive thanks to rispersal). I've finished about half the prescription and I still feel great, but I will keep the thread updated. I'm currently taking 1 500mg tab twice daily.

I'll also keep this thread updated on my methods of keeping my room sanitary. I just bought an air purifier so hopefully that helps because I have noticed a lot of dust build up. Please, if you have questions, ask.

One method of draining and reducing the lumps quickly is by mixing mupirocen with a hint of copper and using it topically.

Another proposed method from a friend of mine was to dry it up overnight with toothpaste and pop it in the morning, and then sanitize it with rubbing alcohol. Put a bandaid on it for a day or two afterward.

When popping these, or any bump/infection on your body, make sure, if youre using a needle or something along those lines. Sanitize the needle. I usually burn it, but let it cool first before using it. Again, copper is a good metal for keeping infectious matter at bay.

I do not know anything about your condition, except your post.

I suffered for decades with colds and bronchitis, especially in winter. After I quit drinking milk and eating milk products, colds and bronchitis stopped. Now, drinking milk causes chest congestion. I am allergic to milk! It is not lactose intolerance. The allergy made me susceptible to infections.

Thought I'd share, I have no evidence that you have an allergy.

I had an allergy test that found nothing, because it only tested for the most common allergies. My insurance would not pay for more complete tests.

Edited by EdEarl

Good luck, if you have an allergy to multiple foods, the discovery process becomes difficult. There are also airborne allergens, which are even more difficult to discover without a doctors help.

I do not know if taking prophylactic allergy medicine is bad or not. Check with your doctor before doing it.

Edited by EdEarl

With regards to MRSA, it is not a disease per se but the short form for methicilin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. I.e. It is group name for specific S. aureus strains that are highly AB resistant. They may or may not cause diseases. Mostly in immune-compromised persons.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive stopped eating pork to the best of my knowledge, ive started using antiseptic soap products, ive finished my prescription of antibiotics and everything seems to have cleared up pretty well. I dont know what you mean when you refer to "AB" resistant though CharonY.