Manipulating space and time

lightspeed

I know how to make a device that allows you to go to another place without traveling the space in between.This is how you do it you put an object on the ground that is going a constant speed of 18 miles per hour backwards and on top of that object is a object that is going a constant speed of 1 miles per hour forwards.The object that is going a constant speed of 1 miles per hour forward has on it a rectangular platform with two objects on it that are side by side.One of the objects is going a constant speed of 1 mile per hour backwards and the other object is going a constant speed of 9 miles per hour.IF you are on the platform you will observe the objects going a way from each other a distance of 10 miles in a hour.If you are on the ground you will observe both objects will only go a distance of 18 miles in a hour because they start off at the same point and they are going the same direction.

Edited by lightspeed

Your proposal does not allow you "to go to another place without traveling the space in between"

Tell me why you believe that?

It seems i left off something from the first post but i can't edit it anymore.I wonder why?But here is the corrected one.

I know how to make a device that allows you to go to another place without traveling the space in between.This is how you do it you put an object on the ground that is going a constant speed of 18 miles per hour backwards and on top of that object is a object that is going a constant speed of 1 miles per hour forwards.The object that is going a constant speed of 1 miles per hour forward has on it a rectangular platform with two objects on it that are side by side.One of the objects is going a constant speed of 1 mile per hour backwards and the other object is going a constant speed of 9 miles per hour forwards.IF you are on the platform you will observe the objects going a way from each other a distance of 10 miles in a hour.If you are on the ground you will observe both objects will only go a distance of 18 miles in a hour because they start off at the same point and they are going the same direction.

Edited by lightspeed

I'd like to know why you think it's the case that you haven't traveled the space in between. Let's say I put up a wall in between the start and end points. How does this device, or any part of it, not collide with the wall?

I'd like to know why you think it's the case that you haven't traveled the space in between. Let's say I put up a wall in between the start and end points. How does this device, or any part of it, not collide with the wall?

It is aligning ten miles with eighteen miles without a slant line.

I did an experiment in the blender software.It's open source and you can animate and make videogames with it.Would that be enough along with other things you said ?And would you like to see the blend?

lol

I teach computer game programming, and write software for a living. I could instruct the computer to visually create anything within my talent's range. You don't expect Mario Superbrothers to provide real world physics demonstrations so why on earth are you using the extremely limited and inaccurate CGI rendering tool blender? Heck even the fluid simulation isn't that accurate!

no you're going to have to do better than knocking up something in blender.

Build it

Film it

Prove it

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

I think the reasoning is that since the objects are moving at 10 mph in one frame of reference, but move 18 miles in an hour in another frame, they must be skipping over an intervening 8 miles.

I'm not 100% sure I have a clear picture of what is going on, so that may not be perfectly accurate, but I think that's the gist of the argument.

Something that requires something as simple as movement blender can do.
I have another machine idea that does the same thing but differently that i tested in blender and it worked.
Here is the design.

This is how you do it you put an object on the ground that is going a constant speed of 2 miles per hour backwards and on top of that object is a object that is going a constant speed of 2 miles per hour forwards.The object that is going a constant speed of 2 miles per hour forward has on it a rectangular platform with two objects on it that are side by side.One of the objects is going a constant speed of 7 miles per hour backwards and the other object is going a constant speed of 13 miles per hour forwards.IF you are on the platform you will observe the objects going a way from each other a distance of 20 miles in a hour.If you are on the ground observing the first object it will be going a constant speed of 8 miles per hour backwards
on it's platform.If you are on the ground observing the second object it will be going a constant speed of 12 miles per hour forwards on it's platform.
You need to make another machine just like it but its speeds are different.These are the speeds of the objects.The object on the ground for the second machine is going a constant speed of 1 miles per hour backwards and on top of that object is a object that is going a constant speed of 8 miles per hour forwards.The object that is going a constant speed of 8 miles per hour forward has on it a rectangular platform with two objects on it that are side by side.One of the objects is going a constant speed of 15 miles per hour backwards and the other object is going a constant speed of 5 miles per hour forwards.IF you are on the platform you will observe the objects going a way from each other a distance of 20 miles in a hour.If you are on the ground observing the first object it will be going a constant speed of 8 miles per hour backwards on it's platform.If you are on the ground observing the second object it will be going a constant speed of 12 miles per hour forwards on it's platform.The similarities to recognize is that
the two objects on both platforms are going 8 miles per hour backwards and 12 miles per hour forwards.But the difference is that the two objects on the first platform are also going 7 miles per hour backwards and 12 miles per hour forwards for the first machine.The difference for the second machine's two objects on it's platform is that the two objects are also going 15 miles per hour backwards and 5 miles per hour forwards.
Do you see what i am getting at?

Has anyone done that particular experiment before?

With your specific values, no. In general, yes, many times. I can get on a platform going forward (e.g. an airplane, or a ship) and walk toward the back of the vessel, and I still travel the space in between.

Ignoring the ends you have a moving platform on which you can also move relative to the platform, how is this different?

Escalators don't move relative to other objects that are moving like my device does.

Edited by lightspeed