Dissolving oxygen

Chilled,

Did you really just mention that you had some exceptionally rare metal, then say you wouldn't tell us what it was? Yup. Iron does things very similarly though, what with all it's hydroxides and hydrated oxides. Any info you give for iron should be close enough. It's a trans. metal, not a rare earth, but that's all I'm going to say. Maybe it's zirconium. With all the info I've given, you should be able to narrow it down to one or two.smile.gif

I know how to make all sorts of illicit things (I don't make meth, but I damn sure could), so if you are not doing anything wrong, why not tell us what kind of chemistry you are up to.

I don't cook crank. Why would I try some complicated back route that doesn't exist when it is so easy to do? (not that I ever have/would) People that do that stuff are all too easy to find on sites like this. They talk like they're straight out of the ghetto, don't know how to spell, have the vocabulary of a 5 year old, and ask questions about lithium batteries and drain cleaner. There are sites specifically made for that stuff, so I don't know why they would be here, or is that what they want us to think? Did someone forget a question mark?:shifty eyes:

Or else I'll assume you are cooking crank :)

One more question and I'll leave you alone, is your metal in period 5 or period 6 of the periodic table? I think I have it narrowed down to two metals. I still don't see why that would be a big secret unless it was obtained by somr questionable means.

I'm not accussing you of being a criminal, it's just that as an SFN staffer I need to help keep my subforum clean as liability law in the UK (where we are hosted) is a bit more strict than it is in the US. IIRC, we can get in trouble for giving advice to anyone who intends to conduct illicit activities.

Imfataal,

If you are reading, care to share some of your English legal knowledge? I can't afford the attorney rate, pro-bono please.

One more question and I'll leave you alone, is your metal in period 5 or period 6 of the periodic table? I think I have it narrowed down to two metals. I still don't see why that would be a big secret unless it was obtained by somr questionable means.

I'm not accussing you of being a criminal, it's just that as an SFN staffer I need to help keep my subforum clean as liability law in the UK (where we are hosted) is a bit more strict than it is in the US. IIRC, we can get in trouble for giving advice to anyone who intends to conduct illicit activities.

Imfataal,

If you are reading, care to share some of your English legal knowledge? I can't afford the attorney rate, pro-bono please.

Which two metals do you think it could be? I don't have a periodic table handy, but I believe it is a group v. It was obtained legally, no worries. Wow, I feel SO ignorant right now, I just assumed you all lived in the good old U.S. of A. I had all but forgotten how much of a pain UK laws could be... Sorry.

Is the guessing game and hostility really necessary? If you want help, it seems pretty obvious that the best way to do that is to actually describe your problem in full so that people can help you better or provide alternative solutions to your end goal that you may have missed. What exactly is the issue here?

Also, please have a read of this:

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/57940-a-notice-to-people-asking-questions-related-to-the-synthesis-of-dangerous-or-illicit-substances/

Granted, the title may not apply to you, but the points in it are relevant and something you may want to read to make your experience here both more amicable and more fruitful.

Also, staff or members living outside of the UK isn't the issue in terms of legality. IIRC, it's the fact that SFN's server is in the UK.

Is the guessing game and hostility really necessary? If you want help, it seems pretty obvious that the best way to do that is to actually describe your problem in full so that people can help you better or provide alternative solutions to your end goal that you may have missed. What exactly is the issue here?

Also, please have a read of this:

http://www.sciencefo...cit-substances/

Granted, the title may not apply to you, but the points in it are relevant and something you may want to read to make your experience here both more amicable and more fruitful.

Also, staff or members living outside of the UK isn't the issue in terms of legality. IIRC, it's the fact that SFN's server is in the UK.

Guessing games are fun, although not necessary. What hostility? I've already read that.

Well, the actual quote was 'water in direct contact with atmosphere', a condition that your pond fails to meet.

Luois,

Again, your statement said "water", not "pure water". My pond is water. The air above it is the atmosphere. And it is in direct contact with it. I think by now, it is clear (no pun) and theres no need for you to try to change what you stated. My pond does meet those conditions. All the babble about what kind of water you [meant to imply] well, its too late. Stand by your statements.

Luois,

Again, your statement said "water", not "pure water". My pond is water. The air above it is the atmosphere. And it is in direct contact with it. I think by now, it is clear (no pun) and theres no need for you to try to change what you stated. My pond does meet those conditions. All the babble about what kind of water you [meant to imply] well, its too late. Stand by your statements.

Pippo, could you please just admit you were wrong? Even if your pond has one tiny microbe in it, then there is no way it could be completely saturated. Besides, not all of your pond is in contact. Louis, you were right. But I didn't need to tell you that, did I? smile.gif

Maybe I want you to mind your own business, mkay? If I was trying to make crystal meth or something, I would be with those nuts on sciencemadness. Nobel prize? No. I have personally seen oxide hydroxides in suspension, they tend not to be soluble for the trans. metals. Maybe I wanted to make a hydroxide that dehydrates to an oxide hydroxide in air. I really wish someone could provide a simple answer, not cluttered with criticisms or more questions than the poster has brain cells.

This is a proof of concept, it is not necessarily supposed to be the best way. It is my opinion that biology is stupid. I find it boring, and less productive than my other pursuits. I enjoy math, and I didn't drop out of high school. LOL, top of the class. If you enjoy biology, great, I'm not going to challenge that. Why do you want to see oxyhydroxides? Not much exciting about them... I would tell you what metal I'm using, but then you would play 20 questions with me; are you going to make meth with it? Where did you get such an exceptionally rare metal? Do you want to make a bomb? Etcetera, etcetera.

Yay! I finally got a -1!To whoever did it: I'll say it again, I think biology is STUPID.