Right-wing governments 'increase suicide rates'

Tetrahedrite

My bet is that the suicide rates are more due to the Liberals inability to accept the reality of the situation. Its like, her in the US, Bush wins, the Libs, unable to handle defeat flood Canada's immigration websites.

But really, these finding are pretty circumstantial and data like this is so easy to scew to whateve point a person is trying to get across.

Edit: I predict that soon all the liberals will die out. Between abortions and suicide soon there won’t be much left. Hilarious.

I really hope you don't live in Australia!! :mad:

It is never going to happen because people like you, and other right-wing nut cases do a great job of making everyone else in the world hate you. A very large proportion of the world sees people who condone right wing politics as selfish, uncompassionate, and quite often racist (I am one of those).

At any rate, I would say that between people dying from gunshot wounds and conservative voters dying in Iraq, the conservative will all die out. Hilarious.

It is never going to happen because people like you' date=' and other right-wing nut cases do a great job of making everyone else in the world hate you. A very large proportion of the world sees people who condone right wing politics as selfish, uncompassionate, and quite often racist (I am one of those).

[/quote']

I think you missed the humor. For me the "Hilarious" bit would have given it away. Or perhaps the "hahaha" part. Oh wait, we can’t forget the "how amusing" section.

At any rate, I would say that between people dying from gunshot wounds and conservative voters dying in Iraq, the conservative will all die out. Hilarious.

Is it just more or was your sad attempt at imitating humor not as funny as mine?

sad thing is that once they get there many decide that war isn't quite as cool as they had thought it would be. a good many people are converted to the left on the battlefield, only to die.

but again, myopic fools support the right anyway, despite its failure

sad thing is that once they get there many decide that war isn't quite as cool as they had thought it would be. a good many people are converted to the left on the battlefield, only to die.

but again, myopic fools support the right anyway, despite its failure

That would be why the military is so firmly right wing, even those who have been in combat.

Im really enjoying your debate style here budullewraagh, so easy to simply call the right fools rather than actually *debate.*

People dye under left wing governments as well. Care to guess at how many died under Mao?

What I am saying is that research that shows more people commit suicide under right wing governments is not humourous, considering the prominence of right wing governments at the moment. I am not suggesting that through history right wing governments have been responsible for more deaths.

What I am saying is that research that shows more people commit suicide under right wing governments is not humourous, considering the prominence of right wing governments at the moment.

What prominance?

Anyways this whole thing is way too circumstantial to even be taken seriously. You have conveneintly overlooked this last bit:

Shaw admits that attempts to connect the differences to ideologies are pure speculation.

This article is humerous due to the total BS that it is

My bet is that the suicide rates are more due to the Liberals inability to accept the reality of the situation. Its like' date=' her in the US, Bush wins, the Libs, unable to handle defeat flood Canada's immigration websites.

[/quote']

That's a rather childish and insulting view on the causes of depression. Suicide is not linked to political ideology, but circumstances surrounding society. An increased isolation of areas in a population will increase suicide, that is the connection being pointed out.

People die under left wing governments as well. Care to guess at how many died under Mao?

So, your argument is Right Wing Governments are a little better than homicidal dictators, so we should feel happy?

That would be why the military is so firmly right wing' date=' even those who have been in combat.

[/quote']

A generalization that seems rather unconnected with reality. And don't give me that "my brothers friends cousin is in the army so I know what I'm talking about" line.

A generalization that seems rather unconnected with reality. And don't give me that "my brothers friends cousin is in the army so I know what I'm talking about" line.
I also heard that the military does vote something like 70% conservative. Households with one person in the service tend to vote conservative by over a 6 point margin.

supposedly

I'll see if I can dig up resources on that later today. could be wrong.

That's a rather childish and insulting view on the causes of depression. Suicide is not linked to political ideology, but circumstances surrounding society. An increased isolation of areas in a population will increase suicide, that is the connection being pointed out.

And the so are the lengths that liberals will go to to demonize the right, this article being one example.

This whole thing is probably the most circumstantial and unscientific piece of garbage I've read in years.

So, your argument is Right Wing Governments are a little better than homicidal dictators, so we should feel happy?

Hmmm? were do you guys get this swill?

Simply pointing out that people die, no matter what the type of government.

A generalization that seems rather unconnected with reality.

Its not generalization, its not speculation, its fact:

The 2003 Military Times Poll reveals a military more conservative, more Republican, and one that considers itself to be morally superior to the nation its serves.

The figures add fuel to a debate, ongoing since at least the end of the Vietnam War, over whether there is a gap in attitudes between America and its military and whether that is a cause for concern. Especially troubling, some observers say, are indications that military members do not believe the nation’s civilian leadership has their best interests at heart.

The poll found:

•About half described their political views as conservative or very conservative; four in 10 called themselves moderate; and only 7 percent called themselves liberal.

•More than half called themselves Republicans, and just 13 percent said they are Democrats. Recent polls of the general public show the nation evenly split, with Democrats, Republicans and independents making up about a third of the population each.

And don't give me that "my brothers friends cousin is in the army so I know what I'm talking about" line.

I have been in the military for almost 2 years now, now dont you feel like an idiot.

Explains your orientation

actually I've become more liberal in certain regards over the past 2 years, but thats more due to accepting a Libertarian viewpoint than the military.

The reason the military is so conservative, from my expierence, is because conservatives are more likely to serve than liberals.

I have been in the military for almost 2 years now, now dont you feel like an idiot.

I'm going to guess he'll reply "no" to that question, unless your role is something like "grand high lord general of checking everyone's political leanings".

And the so are the lengths that liberals will go to to demonize the right, this article being one example.

Right, lets spell this out for you. The United Kingdom is a different country to the United States. The report was from the United Kingdom and Australia, it focused on trends in the United Kingdom that were reflected in New South Wales.

This is why the report highlighted governments that were lead by Harold MacMillan, Ramsay McDonald, David Lloyd George and Tony Blair.

If you can't curb your Republican dogma enough to realise that there is a different govenment and society in the UK, you have no hope of understanding the impacts the report is highlighting.

This whole thing is probably the most circumstantial and unscientific piece of garbage I've read in years.

Drivel. Read the report and comment, not the bloody summary news article.

Hmmm? were do you guys get this swill?

Simply pointing out that people die' date=' no matter what the type of government.[/quote']

No, you are glossing over the human suffering and loss of life that governments can cause in society by making crass comparisons to communist countries. I assume you are doing this so we all shout 'yay for Bush'.

Its not generalization, its not speculation, its fact:

Wrong Army, wrong country, wrong continent, wrong government, wrong politics.

No.

Not only do I think you are lying, even if you were not it would not make an iota of difference to the effects of political societies on the suicidal elements in humanity.

I work with suicidal people. I happen to think studies that will help to highlight issues leading to suicides are a good thing. I do not like to seem them highjacked to push a republican point of view across.

I found this article in the New Scientist from 2002. What do people think about it?

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99992817

It confirms a belief that that I have held about the right side of politics for quite a while

First of all, I really don't care if the suicide rate goes up OR down, it doesn't affect my life at all.

Now, I think your link is suspect. If you scroll about half way down, you'll find a box with links to other stories

Click on this one:

Related Stories

Semen acts as an anti-depressant

26 June 2002

Guess what, suicide rates for woman, whose partners wear a condom, are higher than the woman who get a healthy shot of semen.