Ape Genius

Moontanman

That's one of the better Nova episode. There's a really good National Geographic documentary called Ape Human which details the similarities and differences between humans and chimps. It also shows complex tool using in chimps (they use two different types of worked sticks to gather termites more efficiently).

Although it isn't intelligence related, I spent last night watching Oliver The Chimp parts 1-6 on youtube.

Contrary to the monologue of the OP's documentary, I learned that Bonobos are chimps.

Pan paniscus (Bonobo Chimp)

Pan troglodytes (Common Chimp)

Considering the title of the video, I don't know why they didn't show how chimps beat humans at short term memory. They only mentioned that both humans and chimps can do this task.

Concerning ape culture, ape self-medicating behaviors can be culturally transmitted. Ape self-medicating behaviors include eating or chewing on things that are antimicrobial, absorbent, or affecting digestion rates. I couldn't find a good youtube on this. The video "Chimpanzee Culture and Medicine Usage" barely touched the "Medicine" subject.

Edited by Mondays Assignment: Die