riddles

ok without using google and insta winning something you own but other people use more than you?

two deaf chimney sweepers up cleaning a roof. roof collapses. they stand there looking at each other. one has a dirty face one has a clean face. the one with the dirty face doesnt wash his face.the one with the clean face does. why?

they are deaf so there is a communication issue. The one with the dirty face doesn't know he has a dirty face, he looks at his deaf friend and sees a guy with a clean face so why doing anything. On the other hand, the one with the clean face sees his friend with a dirty face, he believes his face is dirty too and washes his own.

haha easy game

ok. sometimes the people who buy me, buy me for someone else. the people who sell me will only need one of me. the people who use me have no knowledge of my being. what am i?

• 4 weeks later...

haha easy game

ok. sometimes the people who buy me, buy me for someone else. the people who sell me will only need one of me. the people who use me have no knowledge of my being. what am i?

A coffin.

• 2 months later...

ok without using google and insta winning something you own but other people use more than you?

two deaf chimney sweepers up cleaning a roof. roof collapses. they stand there looking at each other. one has a dirty face one has a clean face. the one with the dirty face doesnt wash his face.the one with the clean face does. why?

I guess they are unable to converse in sign language and there's nothing mirror-like in which to see one's reflection. The dirty-faced sweep sees nothing amiss in his partner's appearance and so, suspecting no grime on his face, he doesn't wash up. The other, seeing the "opposite," a partner with a grimy face, assumes, for his part that his face, too, is probably grimy, so he washes his face though it doesn't need it.

A coffin.

I thnk it's misleading to refer to "the people who use me" as being "users" of you. Strictly speaking, only those who buy "you" can be said to "use" you. The "user" you've referred to is a mistaken predicate in the sentence since, while there is an entity in that "role," this entity makes no "use" of anything in the proper sense.

So, I think the riddle's statement is flawed.

• 1 month later...

Because one sees the other guy's face dirty and supposes his is also, but the other guy sees the clean face and assumes his face is also clean... i haven't looked at the comments so im sorry if this has already been answered.

You are right the person who is having dirty face will wash later becoz when he see the other one he will thought that his face is also clean like another one and that's why he will wash later

ooooh, a riddle thread! I love these things. Okay, I have one.

8809 = 6

7111 = 0

2172 = 0

6666 = 4

1111 = 0

3213 = 0

9313 = 1

0000 = 4

2222 = 0

3333 = 0

5555 = 0

8193 = 3