What is Time ?

AusieBob

• 3 weeks later...

What is time ? A question I was asked by a science student set me thinking.... and without light there can be no time.

Is this in the realm of Science or Science Fiction. I invite comment.

Time is built upon the motion of light across a linear plane.. Time = Distance/Speed but as altitude increases so does distance because of the change in circumference, BUT the degree of change remains the same. When we construct an equation that relies on Degree of change it will fix this up... I know this because the equation below takes into account that nothing is the same size and place that I am at right now...

TIME IS THE DEGREE OF VARIATION BETWEEN NOW AND A SECOND POINT IN SPACE...

Time = ((pi)2r/360)({-+}L) -+ ((pi)2r/360)D

pi2r = is the equation for circumference points observed based on altitude position of planet/object it resides upon.

L = is the total Longitudinal degrees to the shortest distance between the current (NOW) starting position to the destination, which never exceeds 180 because that is the defining characteristic for the next step..

{+} = L moves with the gravitation rotation up to 180 degrees Longitudinal from the starting position (if over 180 then repeat step for opposing sign)

{-} = L moves against the gravitation rotation up to 180 degrees Longitudinal from the starting position (if over 180 then repeat step for opposing sign)

+ = Future

- = Past

D = is our current understanding of time expressed in degrees (1 day = 360 Degrees)

Time is the degree of variation between NOW and a second point in space.

Space is 3D. Altitude, Longitude, Latitude and is restricted by position.

Time is the 2D representation of Space. Altitude, Longitude and is restricted by motion.

Both provide the exact same information but the deference lies in the visual representation... EXAMPLE: Pie graph vs line graph....

ADDITIONALLY, In the equation there are two forms of energy that may eventually use the same formula to explain energy... Force Energy is observer dependent and momentum energy is environmental constant.

The force energy of the two points can be combined to create an average but two momentum will require you solve for one and then convert to the other planet size...

Time = (Degree of Change)(Force Energy)+-(Degree of Change)(Momentum Energy)

Information is received from our senses and is stored by our brain. We can only interpret 3D in the moment if the information is radiated like a wave (Allowing multiple angles of the same point)and all other information is perceived 3D by past/future stored information in the brain.

While the equation may allow absolute calculation it is still based on relative reality/information/perception or misperception of the observer...

I would tell your student that...

Edited by LittleBoPeep

Time is an invention of mankind, it doesn't exist. It was created due to the illusion of day and night cycles, which are nothing more than the effects of sunlight exposure as the earth rotates.

It is a very useful concept to "measure" distances or to separate one memory from a different memory, but time is not something that actually exists or can be manipulated.

Edited by KnowThyself

<br />Day and night cycles are not an illusion.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

My point remains. I thought this was a place to discuss with intellectuals.

Are you really going to sit there and play semantics when everyone knows what I am trying to say?

<br /><br /><br />

My point remains. I thought this was a place to discuss with intellectuals.

Are you really going to sit there and play semantics when everyone knows what I am trying to say?

I'm not an intellectual. I'm not sure what you were trying to say. All I have available to me is what you did say and that involved you calling day and night cycles illusions. If you meant something else, which you say you did, then could you clarify that now please.

While I await that clarification let me observe that you appear to be wrong in your central thesis. The two most powerful explanatory theories for the fundamentals of nature are General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. Time is very much a part of the former. I am unclear as to how central it is to the latter. If it is illusory and artificial as you suggest then what of relativity? It must be abandoned. What do you propose to put in its place?