Electricity from water.

stevensrd1

Ive posted to many forums even, then i get replies or emails saying thats not possible,,or that im faking it and so on. And I think to myself,,hey these people are either trying to hide the truth,,or there igits. And yes I mean that in the worst possible way,,why? Because I am an igit. So what does that tell ya. Anyway ok sorry about that, just got an email and well.. I mean its not like I said oh give me money or I wont tell you how its done. Sure I have a donate link,,every bit helps further other project. But I tell exactly how its done, how to run things on water. I made videos on youtube showing how. I even have a live cam that runs 24/7 now showing different things Im running on water. Yes I mean water, no salts,,no acids and no chemicals added. Things like wall clocks,,digital clocks,,led lights, motors and so forth,,all of which is covered over and over in my videos. Ahh again sorry just slightly irked. Ok so the live cam if anyone wants to visit is Things running on water.

!

Moderator Note

Moved to Speculations.

stevensrd1, could you please inform us as to how you are proposing your system operates and better yet, how it is that you have completely pure water. You will also be required to come up with evidence to support any and all assertions.

An actual explanation would be nice too. "I put copper and magnesium in some water" really doesn't so much as hint at how this produces an electric current.

Also, 3 LEDs will happily run dimly off a 2v supply of about 40-70mA (0.1W). So thats about 1 or 2 volts per cell at 40 or 20mA (depending on how you connected them). It's going to take a lot of cells to power my laptop (19V, 5A, 100W) let alone my electric stove (240V, 15A, 3.6KW) or a commercial stove (3 Phase 400V, 32A, approx 24KW- if my calculation is correct). I guess my point here, is once you can explain the mechanics of it, how do you plan to make this more viable for investors. Even if someone is making a donation and not expecting a return, most are only going to donate to a feasible solution over an impractical one.

You could put a little turbine in the water supply to your home to put some charge into a battery every time you used water.

If you were dishonest and not on a water meter you could leave a tap running!rolleyes.gif

Of course you are not getting energy from the water, but from the supply driving the pumps at the water company.

Edited by Joatmon

I disagree.

This

"I put copper and magnesium in some water"

tells you exactly how he makes electricity.

He has made a battery. It will run until the magnesium runs out and he needs to buy some more.

Nothing new- pretty much the same experiment that Galvani did

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luigi_Galvani

Odd as it may seem, I don't want to invest in this process. For a start it is obvious, so there's no way you will get a patent.

He has made a battery. It will run until the magnesium runs out and he needs to buy some more.

So the thread title should read "Electricity from Magnesium" because it's about "Things running on magnesium"?

I'm still waiting to learn what other forums he already posted this on because I won't get past his first statement without proof.

It's been a day and a half already.

This

"I put copper and magnesium in some water"

tells you exactly how he makes electricity.

I agree, he said how HE makes it allegedly. But I asked how IT makes it as a process- the process behind something allows assessment to how it works, how it could be improved and how it can be applied. For example (basics of a solar cell), saying "I put some phosphorous in some silicon and it makes electricity in the sun". It doesn't tell me exactly how it makes electricity, it is only claiming that it makes it in some unknown way. It's not suggesting any meaningful evidence that what it is doing is feasible or potential improvements in design/properties.

Also, he says he uses pure water (not electrolytic solution)- so its not exactly a battery. And this is why I specifically asked how it works because it cannot be a typical galvanic reaction based on his criteria.

As for the patent issue, if you can make it original in some way then it can be patented for a specific use. Patenting is an art, a good patenter could probably find an abstract way to patent your socks if you asked them to. However, as I was implying- this idea would likely be too bulky to market for any feasible applications- but they probably said that about the original voltaic pile itself.

Also, he says he uses pure water (not electrolytic solution).

One electrode is Mg//Mg(OH)2 the other is H+ / H2

The only ions needed are H+ and OH which are there anyway. The solubility of Mg(OH)2 is pretty low so it's fairly pure water.

I think what he means is he didn't explicitly add anything to the water.