FUNNY MATH THEORy

joy1

1)in mathematics a0 =1 , when a not equal to zero. My question is how ' a multiplies 0 times is equal 1"??????

2) vector a - vector a= null vector. What would be its direction?Is that a vector?

3) parameter of a circle is equals pi r 2 . why we use pi instead of a constant number 22/7?????

Edited by hypervalent_iodine
Superfluous code removed

1)in mathematics a0 =1 , when a not equal to zero. My question is how ' a multiplies 0 times is equal 1"??????

2) vector a - vector a= null vector. What would be its direction?Is that a vector?

3) parameter of a circle is equals pi r 2 . why we use pi instead of a constant number 22/7?????

1)the expression a0 =1 does not mean a multiply 0 times, but a divides itself one time. a0 = a / a = 1

Edited by hypervalent_iodine
fixed code in quote

This post should probably be moved into the mathematics section, unless there is a reason why it has been posted here?

You can prove that the statement is correct using what you know about the rules of exponents. A quick "google" will give you proofs. See if you can follow one, if not ask further questions here.

The direction is arbitrary. This courses no problems.

[math]\pi[/math] has not be chosen by us, rather it is just the way things work out on the plane. The number 22/7 is a reasonable approximation to [math]\pi[/math] for may purposes, but cannot replace it fundamentally.

What do you mean by "parameter" in 3). The expression is for area.

pi is a constant number. 22/7 is a simple approximate value, but it is not exact.

• 3 months later...

Too Bad...!

You joined and made this your first post, and your username is "Erudite"? That's funny*.

Thanks! :) And welcome!

* Although it would have been funnier, given the section this is in, to have said, "2 Bad", or perhaps "2(Bad)".