Why do humans stink so badly?

Green Xenon

What causes humans to be the most malodorous of all animals?

Oversized stink glands.

Unnatural environments, greater contact with others and with a larger array of materials than we would naturally; wearing clothing; eating stuff we wouldn't naturally eat.

Psychological conditioning, convincing us that sterile environments are good and that natural smells are bad.

Mental illness, possibly creating an unhealthy aversion to the scent of people.

Also, you've obviously never spent a night inside a Tauntaun.

I have heard... that... 30% of our waste... is excreted through our skin...... which is why we smell like crap, if we do not clean it off.

but.. that %... maybe wrong.

often i eat papaya... and the next day... If i wipe behind my ears... low and behold it smells like papaya....

hence.. a better diet.. may allow people to smell better... but not by much.

Feces is Feces.

What are Pheromones?

"Pheromones are naturally occurring substances the fertile body excretes externally, conveying airborne messages that generate social responses from others of the same species. Pheromones were first defined by biologists in 1959 as chemical substances excreted by animals to trigger reproductive behavioral response from a recipient of the same species. Pheromones are now widely recognized to be the mediator that promotes the survival of each species."

At different times and under different circumstances I have found the gentle odour of a clean human body somewhere on a scale from interesting to exciting!

Edited by Joatmon