Taxes

Phi for All

the best use for taxes? how about we only use them for the intended purpose, which is police, fire department, and military?

i know i'm in the minorty here, but i belive that people, under their own imputus, will make much more progress the less impedement they are given. and the government has never, as far as i'm aware, been good at health care, or education.

either they rack up massive debt in implementation, or they provide a substandard quality.

the best use for taxes? how about we only use them for the intended purpose, which is police, fire department, and military?

And what about this section of our founding/governing documents that you appear to be omitting from your argument (a section which was clearly left open for interpretation by the authors):

The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and
general Welfare
of the United States."

i know i'm in the minorty here, but i belive that people, under their own imputus, will make much more progress the less impedement they are given. and the government has never, as far as i'm aware, been good at health care, or education.

This is untrue, especially as pertains to healthcare. There are numerous examples, both within US government and also in other non-US governments, wherein the public sector massively outperforms the private... in terms of cost, effectiveness, and availability.

Edited by iNow

So no public roads, parks, libraries? Those should all be privately owned, in your opinion?

i know i'm in the minorty here, but i belive that people, under their own imputus, will make much more progress the less impedement they are given.

You see public works and publicly controlled/available resources as impediments to progress? Really? How so?