How alphabets and numbers are saved on computer chips physically and read.

Aman shah

rolleyes.gifI was wondering how 0 to 9 and letters are saved on Microchips physically and read.According to me,these letters and alphabets might be 3D printed on microchips in micro scle or nano scale by removing/digging out Atoms/material wherever we want on nano/micro scale and then read by lasers and mini photo voltaic sensors by reflection of laser beam.There should be frequency and voltage measuring devices for each laser beam output signal.I would like to know more information on this.I was surprised that most computer science graduate professionals graduated from India don't know this.Infact commerce 12th standard students can opt for computer science in India without physics basics and hence the syllabi in India related to hardware physics does not seems to be good in India ,software syllabi is good in India. Edited by Aman shah

rolleyes.gifI was wondering how 0 to 9 and letters are saved on Microchips physically and read.According to me,these letters and alphabets might be 3D printed on microchips in micro scle or nano scale by removing/digging out Atoms/material wherever we want on nano/micro scale and then read by lasers and mini photo voltaic sensors by reflection of laser beam.There should be frequency and voltage measuring devices for each laser beam output signal.I would like to know more information on this.I was surprised that most computer science graduate professionals graduated from India don't know this.Infact commerce 12th standard students can opt for computer science in India without physics basics and hence the syllabi in India related to hardware physics does not seems to be good in India ,software syllabi is good in India.

I took PCMB( Physics, Chem, Math and Bio) as my combination in my 12th standard and with in the first four semesters for computer or information science courses you will be taken through a basic course on Physics and on electronic circuits ( MOSFET's, CMOS and other electronic devices) and in the fourth semester the 8086 microprocessor architecture is introduced. Hardware education is quite good in India.

1331715366[/url]' post='665130']

I took PCMB( Physics, Chem, Math and Bio) as my combination in my 12th standard and with in the first four semesters for computer or information science courses you will be taken through a basic course on Physics and on electronic circuits ( MOSFET's, CMOS and other electronic devices) and in the fourth semester the 8086 microprocessor architecture is introduced. Hardware education is quite good in India.

May be the application part of it may be very good as a syllabus to study but what about Electronics research,what about in depth knowledge about how letters and alphabets are introduced to circuitry physically ?A real study should take place on Quantum nano scale.

Ok,let's see this:

Anyone knows why there is more resistance in reverse biasing of PN junction diode than that in forward bias???

Because-

Answer:

At outer orbit,Different protons catch different

electrons at different times,these protons move haphazardly randomly.This is due to the fact that the farthest electrons are more loosely bond than more inside orbit electrons.Hence,when any electrons passes towards the Positive terminal(positively charged atoms),the barrier potential between p and n junction is already so weak that the travelling electrons break this potential.The more positive ness on p junction part helps accumulation of high energy repulsive electrons after p-n junction crossing over forwarding side part of n region.Hence the n- region bonding stability breaks and electrons penetrate easily.Whereas in n region of PN junction,on application of reverse bias,the negative charges repel incoming electrons,offering more resistance.

Now you can tell me who is really smarter ,your electronics teacher OR my Ideas !!!

If any of you teacher has explained this to you before,he will be my maha guru.

Conclusion:Start thinking like a physicist,not like typical enginier and see how simply subjects can be understood.Forget about all nonsense improperly setted sign conventions like eg.Conventional currents,for understanding the concepts atleast.This is the reason sometimes electronics enginier cannot find a solution.Sometimes he repairs something and after he goes you again see the earlier problems in electronic device.

No I am not a computer science student,I am a mechanical enginiering student and likes nano physics,Quantum physics,etc!I like to know everything in as detail as possible.We can't divide science!We can also do research in computer technology in the right way.Some people may also like this:

http://www.technewsw...?wlc=1330609900

I am presently inventing a nuclear battery and a gravity powered non Perpectual engine.

That's why I like the film "3 idiots".

In European countries,Computer science Education in hardware is more advanced and heavy research is going out there in Quantum Computers!There is one exception in India:The Indian Institute Of Science,Bangalore where computer science education is allmost as par with European Education.It also has its own supercomputer and quantum computer research facility.

Edited by Aman shah

May be the application part of it may be very good as a syllabus to study but what about Electronics research,what about in depth knowledge about how letters and alphabets are introduced to circuitry physically ?A real study should take place on Quantum nano scale.

If you are interested in further research you can take up higher studies but its sufficient for a graduate.

Ok,let's see this:

Anyone knows why there is more resistance in reverse biasing of PN junction diode than that in forward bias???

Because-

Answer:

At outer orbit,Different protons catch different

electrons at different times,these protons move haphazardly randomly.This is due to the fact that the farthest electrons are more loosely bond than more inside orbit electrons.Hence,when any electrons passes towards the Positive terminal(positively charged atoms),the barrier potential between p and n junction is already so weak that the travelling electrons break this potential.The more positive ness on p junction part helps accumulation of high energy repulsive electrons after p-n junction crossing over forwarding side part of n region.Hence the n- region bonding stability breaks and electrons penetrate easily.Whereas in n region of PN junction,on application of reverse bias,the negative charges repel incoming electrons,offering more resistance.

Now you can tell me who is really smarter ,your electronics teacher OR my Ideas !!!

If any of you teacher has explained this to you before,he will be my maha guru.

Conclusion:Start thinking like a physicist,not like typical enginier and see how simply subjects can be understood.Forget about all nonsense improperly setted sign conventions like eg.Conventional currents,for understanding the concepts atleast.This is the reason sometimes electronics enginier cannot find a solution.Sometimes he repairs something and after he goes you again see the earlier problems in electronic device.

That's why I like the film "3 idiots".

Conventional symbols and signs are used to universally comprehend the concept in a simple language, theoretical physicists build and come up with ideas and engineers develop technologies to test those ideas and both are impeding constraints on each other physicists put constraints on engineers on what can be built and engineers put constriants on physics on what ideas can be tested and falsified. Its not much of a problem to think both like a physicist as well as an engineer.

No I am not a computer science student,I am a mechanical enginiering student and likes nano physics,Quantum physics,etc!I like to know everything in as detail as possible.

Its good to be optimistic even I am, but perhaps you should be aware that nature puts restriction on us as to what can be known, its the inherent nature of nature which is the Heisenberg uncertainty principle which leads to the measurement problem, that's a restriction on how much you can know with detail. Quantum decoherence is a problem for researchers in the field of quantum computing and in the design of quantum computers.

In European countries,Computer science Education in hardware is more advanced and heavy research is going out there in Quantum Computers!There is one exception in India:The Indian Institute Of Science,Bangalore where computer science education is allmost as par with European Education.It also has its own supercomputer and quantum computer research facility.

I just passed by IISc and yes I am very much aware of that.

Edited by immortal

I think a proper answer is to understand .. now any data is encoded using a standard such as ASCII, UNICODE, ..etc

at the low level, all data are just series of binary digits (0s and 1s),

0 and 1 are represented in the physical level as two levels of electric charge (current computer models),

which may change in the future to different quantum states (Quantum Computer)

To study all about computer and technological hardware (including microchips)

.. you need to study Computer Engineering, which includes advanced mathematics and physics

good luck

Edited by khaled

I forgot to mention that data storage units (traditional architecture) in computers are [in ascending order for access speed, and descending order for cost]:

- Registers (highest access speed, most expensive)

- RAM

- Cache

- ROM

- Hard disk (SATA, Solid State, ..)

Edited by khaled

1331836589[/url]' post='665488']

I forgot to mention that data storage units (traditional architecture) in computers are [in ascending order for access speed, and descending order for cost]:

- Registers (highest access speed, most expensive)

- RAM

- Cache

- ROM

- Hard disk (SATA, Solid State, ..)

Thanks!