Nazca type lines in the USA

Amateur -1

definitely looks like an openpit mine or quarry to me.

without better detail or a scale (prefferably some coordinates) it is impossible to say exactly what it is. although estimating from the river, its a quarry site a few hundred meters across by about a kilometer.

I don't recognize any animal.

It looks like contour lines as appearing when excavating the slope of a mountain, but of course I may be wrong.

What are the coordinates in Google earth?

Argh, the picture in the OP wasn't loading for me at all,now I'm in a different browser I see what you mean.

I thought they were just referring to the Nazca lines themselves.

Argh, the picture in the OP wasn't loading for me at all,now I'm in a different browser I see what you mean.

I thought they were just referring to the Nazca lines themselves.

Well it is from Google Earth @ an Alt. of 213,943 Ft.

It is a chieftain seting down and has a headdress on

and is 2.43 miles or 12,943 Ft. From the top of the headdress

to his toes.

The next one is just down the valley. It is a pictograph

from the 4,500 BC of the Sumerians meaning to

Plow / or till the Earth.

post-66453-0-96315900-1328336677_thumb.jpg

Edited by Amateur -1

If it is from google earth, can you give us the coordinates? if you have the altitude, surely you have the latitude and longitude.

Sure I know the coordinates , But I am not ready to give them out just yet.

I found these about a year & a half ago and I have been looking around the web to see if this is a new find.

I am posting this to see if anyone here have seen or heard of these

Places. IF so why is here a Sumerian pictograph here in the USA from 4,500 BC.

Light & dark color lines are about 25 to 30 Ft. Across and there seams to be a mound in the center , maybe the chieftain’s resting place.

Does Anyone Know anything this.

Nazca type lines in the western US? One search on google gave me this for example; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blythe_Intaglios

You may think what you're looking at is Sumerian, but how detailed are the majority of geoglyphs in the first place? Perhaps it's native american, or a modern re-make? Not to rain on your parade, but I would think the chance of you finding an undiscovered geoglyph in the states is close to zero.

<br>Nazca type lines in the western US? One search on google gave me this for example; <a class="bbc_url" title="External link" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blythe_Intaglios" rel="nofollow external">http://en.wikipedia....lythe_Intaglios</a><br><br>You may think what you're looking at is Sumerian, but how detailed are the majority of geoglyphs in the first place? Perhaps it's native american, or a modern re-make? Not to rain on your parade, but I would think the chance of you finding an undiscovered geoglyph in the states is close to zero.<br>
<br><br>Yes the one that is in wikipedia is one made by some studients and it is very little come paired to these.<br><br><br>

post-66453-0-75081900-1328423534_thumb.jpg

I don't see a chief with a headdress.

It's probably a quarry, as others have suggested. If it were an archaeological site it would surely be blocked off and recorded as such. On top of that, there's no chance it hasn't been discovered (if it's not modern) because there are clearly roadways leading to it.

hang on, you said these were north american symbols, not likely to be cuneiform if its over there. I know alphabets are global these days but they weren't back then.

I will admit that it bears a resemblance to that cuneiform symbol but it's leaping a bit to say it is the same.

I can only assume that your refusal to give us the coordinates is because if you turn the labels on it says something like 'joe's quarry'

hang on, you said these were north american symbols, not likely to be cuneiform if its over there. I know alphabets are global these days but they weren't back then.

I will admit that it bears a resemblance to that cuneiform symbol but it's leaping a bit to say it is the same.

I can only assume that your refusal to give us the coordinates is because if you turn the labels on it says something like 'joe's quarry'

post-66453-0-56838700-1328764337_thumb.jpg

Pareidolia is a neat effect, no?

Here are the coordinates , of the lines on Google Earth.

Please use Google Earth and go to 38° o7' 45.44" N by 108°45' 16.58" W

then go to 38° 05' N by 108° 33' 06.67" W

Amateur -1 "aka" Physicslite "aka" Ke5rls

Edited by Amateur -1

NO it is Not in China it is in about the center of Colorado and the last time is was there it was in the USA.

Maybe our settings are different in Google Earth. When I input your numbers with copy-paste it goes to China (after erasing some elements like letters N W and correcting letter o into 0), my Google earth has greek settings and don't recognize english letters.

-------------------

I think i got it.

in the U.S. you measure West, I measured East.

-------------------

I'll try again.

NO it is Not in China it is in about the center of Colorado and the last time is was there it was in the USA.

Sorry, my Google earth sucks. No way to insert the coords, I had to go by feet...

And sorry again it does not look like a quarry, it is almost horizontal.

But

from the 2nd location, you can get the 1993 picture that shows nothing (see below)

ScreenShot151.jpg

the lines appear in later pictures:

ScreenShot152.jpg

I don't know what it is but it doesn't seem to be the product of any ancient folks.

And in location 1. I still cannot discern any chieftain.

Edited by michel123456