How would you make a Dome of Rock model?

njaohnt

A good material is foam board.

foamboard__66882_zoom.jpg

Other material more expensive is balsa wood

p000x.JPG

Don't use hard paper, the result will not be good.

Alternatively you can use cardboard. (containerbord)

Corrugated_Cardboard.JPG

If you can get drawings of the elevations of the temple (facades), you can print the elevations at some reasonable scale and glue them on the cardboard, then cut carefully around with a cutter (olfa cutter type), then collate all together.

If it is your first model, you'll need help.

You may find some valuable information about the building plans at this address.

If you can get drawings of the elevations of the temple (facades), you can print the elevations at some reasonable scale and glue them on the cardboard, then cut carefully around with a cutter (olfa cutter type), then collate all together.

I found some architectural drawings downloadable at ArchNet.org. They may have the elevations michel mentioned. I don't know if they're AutoCAD files or not, or if they'll help, but it's worth a try.

I found some architectural drawings downloadable at ArchNet.org. They may have the elevations michel mentioned. I don't know if they're AutoCAD files or not, or if they'll help, but it's worth a try.

Good.

These are Autocad drawings copyrighted. You'll have to check if you can use them, for homework I suppose you can, always mentionning your source.

After downloading you need only to look at Dome3.dwg: Dome of the Rock

If you don't have Autocad, you may find a free viewer on the Net (Google "free Autocad viewer), then extract with a printscreen (also free on the web). The most difficult will be to do that at scale.

• 1 month later...