Autosynthesis

nath88nael

A branch of Eastern medicine claims that the body is capable of creating new organic compounds to meet the needs of the practitioner.

from what i understand, this is done by focusing on the intended outcome, while the subconscious works to achieve it.

i imagine the argument may lead as follows:

"is it possible for the body to make new compounds" - "yes, it's called evolution"

"is it possible for the body to evolve so quickly as to make new compounds on an individual basis"

or

"is every genetic change one of an anomoly present from birth"

It seems like you LOVE to reply to every new topic iodine...It is not your job to decide whether he should post questions related to genetics or not. Moreover, the post does not belong neither to organic chemistry or genetics. It is very hard to answer to this because the post has no scientific question whatsoever. Cheers!

The question is very much related to genetics. I only suggested it be moved since I doubt it will be answered in this forum, given that the majority of people who read the chemistry sub-forums are chemistry orientated rather than biology.

And you'll notice I didn't simply ask for it to be moved, I did inquire further of the OP if they could clarify/if they had any specific questions related to organic chemistry that I could perhaps answer.

i'll move the topic

You can ask a mod to move it if you would like it moved. I wasn't being rude and I am still happy to answer your question, I'm just not terribly sure what your question is.

"Is it possible for the body to make new compounds?"

Answer: No, it can't even make all the essential compounds it needs they have to be consumed (essential amino acids), conversely the body can adapt to acknowledge and destroy unknown compounds by making antibodies (the adaptive immune system) but that is really just rearranging a finite set of known compounds to make a seemingly infinite number of different structures

"is it possible for the body to evolve so quickly as to make new compounds on an individual basis"

No, the body is given what it gets, I don't really see why it would want to either other than in a defensive role, however it might be nice to sweat Armani Code save me some cash.

"Fast" evolution is more the forté of bacteria such as E. coli and even then it is not so much due to speed and rather due to quantity of individuals in a system.

"Eastern Medicine" is generally useless as anything that worked is now call "Medicine" and is purified into a handy pill so we don't have to boil some weeds into a paste.

Edited by Psycho