Relaxing

Primarygun

Creating things (like doing gardening) is a good way to relax, by the way. You know, draw something, make a little animation of some sort, or spray your neighbor's fence with rude graffiti (in the latter case you'll have a good jail relaxation time :) ).

Fun fact: Getting 1 promille drunk or losing one night's sleep is about the same thing in the aspect of perception and capability of controlling your movement. That's what seems to be going on with me, so I'm relaxed in the sort-of-drugged way. :>

Another good way to relax is a good book. I prefer H.P. Lovecraft. :)

NOW you`re cooking with gas :)

reading a Good Book is great! it does all the thinking for you, and eye movement from left to right even though tiny, is almost hypnotic, and having to keep them open for long times in order to see the words makes them dry, just as when tired.

reading a good book would be a GOOD second place on my list :)

I'm probably not the best person to talk about relaxing, but the few chances I get, I prefer to find a nice peaceful spot in the wilderness, by a lake or atop a mountain. Of course, having a dirt bike really helps get me where I want to go.

Anyhow, try to find ya a nice tranquil spot in the woods, cook up some bubble and squeak (Waffle house calls it "hashbrowns all the way"), try not to focus on reality, drink some guiness (or yingling in a pinch), and just relax. Watch nature work, enjoy each breath of air.

And I also find doing something physical earlier in the day, even for several hours helps me rest. Perhaps joining some sporting team, riding a bike, walking, etc a few hours a day will help tire you by bed time.

If nothing else works, get some of that non-habit forming sleep pills and take whatever is indicated an hour or so before you go to bed.

that sounds all well and good' date=' and VERY EASY to say. but have you ever actualy tried that and WON?

I know my brain just won`t have a "Stop It" at times no matter what, so I resign myself to getting back up out of bed and let it play all it wants

I feel Victimised! LOL :)[/quote']And then you spend a day walking into things, drooling a lot and answering the iron (Hello? This is YT...Aaaahhhhh! MY EAR!!). Playing a fantasy through my mind definitely works for me. I will think of a scenario for a fictitious hero in a fantasy realm, or imagine playing a round of frisbee golf in which I am unbeatable (a definite fantasy), or imagine a fantasy tryst with a girl from high school who turned me down back then. As long as it's not rooted in problems you're having in real life so it doesn't drag you back to the present, it usually relaxes me and lets me drift off. Again, though, if part of what you're worried about is your love life, don't fantasize about the girl from high school! If you've got money problems, don't fantasize about winning the lottery! It has to be something totally unrelated to what keeps you awake.

Another good way to relax is a good book. I prefer H.P. Lovecraft. :)
Good books keep me awake. Bad books are better if you want to sleep. The first 10 pages of any James Michener novel, where he starts the story with how the earth cooled and the continents separated is pretty good for some zzzzzzzs.
If nothing else works' date=' get some of that non-habit forming sleep pills and take whatever is indicated an hour or so before you go to bed.[/quote']Those never work for me for some reason. If anything, they make it worse. I took some Sominex once and it made my leg twitch every minute for an hour.
I don't relax.
When would you?

A Day in the Life of Sayonara³:

6am-Get up, dress, eat a bowl of rocks

7am-Verbally flay fellow bus riders on the way to work

7:30am-4:30pm-Debase myself analyzing business processes for those who have no business wasting air for breath, much less wasting my enormous intellect on their mostly self-induced problems

4:30pm-5:30pm-Practise kung fu on fellow bus riders who took all day to come up with retorts to my earlier verbal flaying

5:30pm-Blog

6pm-Look for spam at SFN

6:02pm-Destroy spammers

8pm-Upgrade computer

9pm Surf the Web

10pm-Write helpful emails to Tony Blair

11pm-Check for more spam at SFN

Midnight-Start new computer project

1am-Open window and scream obscenities at neighbour's cats

2am-Write new biology texts for Cambridge and Oxford

4am-6am-2 hours of REM sleep

:D

I had trouble with them in the past as well. I found that if I took them right as I was going to bed, it would produce an opposite effect, keeping me up even longer. I don't know why. Anyhow, I learned to take them about 30 minutes to an hour before I'm ready to sleep, and boom, out cold.

But I'm much like Sayo, with only the rare occasion to kick back and relax.

http://www.relaxation.com, http://www.unwind-online.com (i think if not try no hyphen) these are a couple sites that help...if not try music, music is one of the sole things that calms me, if that doesnt work try doing something youlike or just simply take a ten minute break and clear your mind, do a meditation in the mornings right after you get up http://www.robinsharma.com, he knows a lot about this kind of stuff and stress relief,

thats my input anyways

Creating things (like doing gardening) is a good way to relax, by the way. You know, draw something, make a little animation of some sort, or spray your neighbor's fence with rude graffiti (in the latter case you'll have a good jail relaxation time :) ).

That sound pretty good. I better start with drawing a dog first.

My drawing is extremely bad as my english composition.

"A Day in the Life of Sayonara³:

6am-Get up, dress, eat a bowl of rocks

7am-Verbally flay fellow bus riders on the way to work

7:30am-4:30pm-Debase myself analyzing business processes for those who have no business wasting air for breath, much less wasting my enormous intellect on their mostly self-induced problems

4:30pm-5:30pm-Practise kung fu on fellow bus riders who took all day to come up with retorts to my earlier verbal flaying

5:30pm-Blog

6pm-Look for spam at SFN

6:02pm-Destroy spammers

8pm-Upgrade computer

9pm Surf the Web

10pm-Write helpful emails to Tony Blair

11pm-Check for more spam at SFN

Midnight-Start new computer project

1am-Open window and scream obscenities at neighbour's cats

2am-Write new biology texts for Cambridge and Oxford

4am-6am-2 hours of REM sleep"

Someone should make a document about forum moderators and their days. :) I happen to be a forum moderator myself. Perhaps that's what makes most people complete assholes who don't relax. I mean myself, not Sayo of course, no no. No.

No.

*scuttles off*

well speaking as a Moderator myself and someone that only has trouble relaxing at night to get and/or Stay asleep.

I happen to enjoy my "Job" here most of the time, and would like to think that I`m not an "A$$hole" during any of it :)

although some MAY think so when I`ve had to draw a line, but that`s SOooo seldom, and never done to benefit ME, but for the benefit of ALL.

I know most of the Moderators on here quite well too, and they`re just the same in outlook more or less.

you`de be stuffed without us! :)