No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ydoaPs

SAT is in the morning. That means I have to get up early and spend three hours filling in bubbles. At least I don't have to write an essay. Sucks to be the next group of people taking it. Wait, I am good at essays. Damn, we need one.

I hate bubble tests where you have to perfectly fill in the mark. I've screwed up more tests from having some kinda hand injury and not keeping steady.

Thankfully, I'm out of school now and don't have to deal with that stuff anymore.

yeah, i'm taking them tomorrow also.

i am not entirely positive of the information below, i encourage you to ask your college counselor about this information as well.

as a sophmore and a junior you can take the PSATs, these are not only practice SAT I tests, but they are competition to get a $1000 scholorship for college tuition. if you get in the top 10%, you get the scholorship. these tests also show you what scores you are likely to get on the SAT Is.

during the second half of your junior year and the first half of your senior year in highschool, you should take the SAT Is and the SAT IIs. both tests are available starting in March of that calander year, and are available once a month until the last one in December, not including summer vacation months of July, August, and September. the SAT IIs can usually wait until after you send in your preliminary college applications, but the SAT Is can not.

college applications are usually due in the month of November, but depend on the college and sometimes your desired major.

as for which scores are used, i first heard that only your most recent SAT scores are used by colleges, but i've also heard that only your highest score is used. i have also heard that all of your scores are seen, but i doubt that as the colleges have no way of weighing the scores accurately. i do not know which is correct, but the safest bet is on the first possibility.

most people take the SAT Is two or three times. taking it any more than four times might be dangerous, as i am fairly sure colleges do see how many times you have taken the test, and you don't want to make it look like you have to do something a lot before you get it right.

Damn, we need one.
If you plan on going to graduate school, you can take solace in the fact that the general GRE has not one, but two required essays.

i am not entirely positive of the information below, i encourage you to ask your college counselor about this information as well.
As do I. However, in my experience, I have found them to be rather useless. Thus, I highly recommend going to http://www.collegeboard.org, and getting your information directly from the source.
as a sophmore and a junior you can take the PSATs, these are not only practice SAT I tests, but they are competition to get a $1000 scholorship for college tuition. if you get in the top 10%, you get the scholorship.
It's not guaranteed, for I know of at least one person who took the PSAT and met the criterion you described above, but received no such scholarship.

during the second half of your junior year and the first half of your senior year in highschool, you should take the SAT Is and the SAT IIs.
I believe AP tests are looked upon more favorably than the SAT IIs, but if one doesn't take any AP classes, the SAT IIs are another means by which to improve one's record.

college applications are usually due in the month of November, but depend on the college and sometimes your desired major.
Yup. Also, be aware of the difference between early decision and early action.

as for which scores are used, i first heard that only your most recent SAT scores are used by colleges, but i've also heard that only your highest score is used.
Well, one's most recent score is usually the highest, and I doubt that if one got a lower score on a subsequent testing that it would be considered, unless the admissions officials are comparing the records of two students with very similar credentials.

i have also heard that all of your scores are seen, ...
True. I believe one can only suppress all the scores from one's record, or none.

im taking the SAT's are different in America than England then? just took a bubble test for modular gcse on earth materials - lazy examiners make the computer do all the work marking :(. the only thing i like is that they are multiple choice.

SAT is in the morning. That means I have to get up early and spend three hours filling in bubbles. At least I don't have to write an essay. Sucks to be the next group of people taking it. Wait, I am good at essays. Damn, we need one.

Good luck and etc.

Motion seconded, I hate essays too. I'd much rather take a bubble test than write a page and a half essay on why I think the cows should be more productive.

My dad says that there are essays on the SATs, or was that back in the old days, when the earth was still hot? :)

Thanks!

I think I'd like SAT better than the high school graduation tests here. :<

we DO have to take a test before we can graduate. if you have 100% of all your tests, homework, and such correct and yet you fail this test, you don't graduate. it is called the ISTEPGQE.

Yay, it is over. I am so happy.:):D

i think i got a 410. wait, i spelled my name wrong. looks like it is a 10 for me.

It's not guaranteed, for I know of at least one person who took the PSAT and met the criterion you described above, but received no such scholarship.

oh yeah, they only have a certain number of scholorships available per district, or something, but usually it's enough to fill the top 10% or more.

and i got the scholorship both as a sophmore and as a junior, so that isn't a requirement.