telekinesis

Doc. Josh

possible or not?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Is it possible to posses telekinesis?

• Yes it's possible
    • No it's impossible

Was doing some reading on telekinesis and other phenomena, I dont even know what to believe myself. The claims seem very bold and unexplainable to a degree. But their are some really great magician's out there who can fool the best eyes. Is this a real act? Or just simply a parlor trick old as the earth itself. Opinions thoughts skeptics welcome. I would love some hard evidence proving this!

why is the poll set up so you can vote for telekinesis being possible and impossible

(i almost voted for both to set up a superposition joke)

the possibility of telekinesis is possible and impossible at the same time is in a state of superposition

(i guess that's not very funny :( )

Edited by dragonstar57

Right now, it's more of a matter of opinion than possible or impossible.

My opinion is that it does exist, it's just a matter of allowing your mind to give a command to something outside your body without physically being connected to it.

Sure there is no proof, but things are buried deep in history by the government.

Right now, it's more of a matter of opinion than possible or impossible.

My opinion is that it does exist, it's just a matter of allowing your mind to give a command to something outside your body without physically being connected to it.

Sure there is no proof, but things are buried deep in history by the government.

Can you support this rather bold assertion with evidence? Or should we just take your word for it?

Edited by mississippichem

Based on scientific society's understanding of the brain and physics, we do not have evidence for telekinesis.

However, you could attempt to trivialize the matter by saying volitions of the body are acts of telekinesis, but I'm not too sure how many people will agree with your paradigm.

I think if it were to exist, then you'd surely have some crazy, almost impossible level of physics and interplay with physical surroundings. I mean, at the subatomic level, you'd have to find some way to use your neurons to change other quantum/physical aspects of your surrounding. I think if this were discovered, then people would either attempt to define the physical and cellular biology involved or find a new realm of physics and/or cellular biology. You're always going to get some hardcore physicalist wanting to define everything via physical law. At best, it could attempt to elude everyone and NEVER be understood: But then that person would be independent of physics, right? Definitely supernatural.

And, as I often push forward to other scientists (and I annoy them with this), I say that James Randi is a psychic killer.

And what I mean by this is that if someone with the skills did come forward, they'd end up on a table as a specimen (or perhaps someone would try to kill the psychic).

Edited by Genecks