A North American Mystery

rigney

I was watching the "History Channel" a couple of nights ago. The topic: Sasquatch. To me; this akullduggery is as laughable as little green men. Like little green men, everyone sees them, know that they are there, but never seem to get a good clean (clear) picture of one. Amazing! Same thing happens in the Himalayas. Everyone has seen the Yeti, but no one has even a snapshot of him, and people climb those mountains daily. Again, Amazing! And UFO sightings? They have started cottage industries from the north pole all the way down to the other end. Personally, I can't debunk a one of them, but; are any of you wrapped up in one of these phenomena? If so, I'd like to hear from you. Me, I'm a skeptic in just about everything. So give me your best shot on this. The below link is what I see as a scam. Everyone wants to be honest, but most of us just find it hard to stay away from something when there is money or an idea involved in it to our liking. (especially money).

http://www.bfro.net/REF/aboutbfr.asp

Edited by rigney

A few years ago I read that someone was going to conduct a dna study of the hairs of some deceased and unclassifiable mummified anthropoid creatures kept as religious objects in monasteries in Western China to determine whether these samples could really be from something which might be behind the 'Yeti' sightings. Since I never read of the results of these studies I assume that they were uninteresting. I would be interested to learn if anyone else has that information, however.

The speculation and theory's ive seen preoposed are roughly in regards to ape's. That somehow they were forgotten by evolution due to a genetic fault that has been passed and carried throughout the species. The probability of this happening i think is fesible, but the lack of evidence to prove it is yet still there. http://www.xzone-radio.com/bigfootgenetics.htm this artical is similar to the genitic "fault" that can possibly be linked to "yetti" "bigfoot" etc..

Rigney, Bigfoot is, to me at least, quite a bit more laughable than little green men. If Bigfoot was really running around we would eventually find one hit by a car if nothing else. Some very rare animals are hit and killed on our nations highways routinely, some animals have few major predators other than automobiles,(sadly as well as lot of not so rare but becoming rare animals as well) if there were any "bigfeet" we would have found a few dead by car at the very least but no evidence of Bigfoot has ever been found other than easily faked foot prints. No hair, no blood, no shit, no DNA evidence at all! There are tiny animals that are so rare there are only a handful alive but we have hair, blood, shit, and DNA (all collected from the wild I should add) for them and know quite a bit about them but there is no evidence what so ever there has ever been an ape at all in North America much less a 10 foot tall bipedal ape.

As for LGM, it's remotely possible that there are short green colored aliens that are shaped like men. Highly improbable in my estimation but still possible but both phenomena fail due to popular idea of trying to prove something by faking it well enough to fool everyone, both ideas are part of a poisoned well of information that it will take an actual alien or Bigfoot in the flesh before it will be taken seriously. There is some really compelling evidence to back up UFOs if not LGM but at the end of the day it's still just eye witness accounts of something not understood at this time... but you and I could be executed with far less evidence....

This has nothing to do with bigfoot...

The speculation and theory's ive seen preoposed are roughly in regards to ape's. That somehow they were forgotten by evolution due to a genetic fault that has been passed and carried throughout the species. The probability of this happening i think is fesible, but the lack of evidence to prove it is yet still there. http://www.xzone-radio.com/bigfootgenetics.htm this artical is similar to the genitic "fault" that can possibly be linked to "yetti" "bigfoot" etc..

Edited by Moontanman

Rigney, Bigfoot is, to me at least, quite a bit more laughable than little green men. If Bigfoot was really running around we would eventually find one hit by a car if nothing else. Some very rare animals are hit and killed on our nations highways routinely, some animals have few major predators other than automobiles,(sadly as well as lot of not so rare but becoming rare animals as well) if there were any "bigfeet" we would have found a few dead by car at the very least but no evidence of Bigfoot has ever been found other than easily faked foot prints. No hair, no blood, no shit, no DNA evidence at all! There are tiny animals that are so rare there are only a handful alive but we have hair, blood, shit, and DNA (all collected from the wild I should add) for them and know quite a bit about them but there is no evidence what so ever there has ever been an ape at all in North America much less a 10 foot tall bipedal ape.

As for LGM, it's remotely possible that there are short green colored aliens that are shaped like men. Highly improbable in my estimation but still possible but both phenomena fail due to popular idea of trying to prove something by faking it well enough to fool everyone, both ideas are part of a poisoned well of information that it will take an actual alien or Bigfoot in the flesh before it will be taken seriously. There is some really compelling evidence to back up UFOs if not LGM but at the end of the day it's still just eye witness accounts of something not understood at this time... but you and I could be executed with far less evidence....

This has nothing to do with bigfoot...

Tee-he-he-he! I hate executions so I'm not gonna go there. Chances are I may wish to return home one more time if nothing else than to revisit where it all began. And then, only to look around a bit and say Hi! yeau'll. Know what I mean???? Most of these guys pack. Oh Yeah!!

Edited by rigney

Correct the article is not {bigfoot} related just my example of genetic anomalies, which if these creatures were real could possibly carry the same genitic gene. It was just an example. Shall we say ((( PURE SPECULATION)))))

Appreciate your input!. Yep! A guy without speculations had better stay out of the market, or generic decoding for that matter! Who knows where we may have came from? Edited by rigney

You have to learn French, or use the Google translator. It is not mentioned in the english Wikipedia article. See also this book from Bernard Heuvelmans mentioning the interesting case of the Minessota Man.

from wiki in french:

"Les « scalps » de yéti conservés dans le monastère de Pangbotchi sont en réalité fabriqués par les sherpas à partir de la peau et des poils du garrot d'une chèvre sauvage locale, le serow (Naemorhedus sumatraensis), ainsi que l'a démontré Bernard Heuvelmans en 1961. Ils s'en servent lors de cérémonies pour jouer le rôle du yéti, après avoir couvert leur tête avec ce scalp. Ils trempent ensuite la tête du yéti dans du vin mélangé à de l'huile qui servira à faire une peinture dite « joulienne » [réf. nécessaire].

En juillet 2008, deux poils attribués au yéti découverts en Inde ont été soumis à des analyses microscopiques qui n'ont permis de les rattacher à aucune espèce connue de primate. Des analyses d'ADN furent mises en œuvre, tout en gardant à l'esprit que « le risque [était] grand de devoir attribuer ces poils à une chèvre ou un ours, comme ce fut le cas lors de précédentes analyses »[10]. Elles prouvèrent effectivement que les poils appartenaient à une espèce de chèvre apparentée au chamois nommée goral de l'Himalaya, une espèce rare mais déjà répertoriée."

In short, hairs of the presumed yeti come from some kind of very rare goat. Scalps of the yeti are made by monks.

But there is this:

main.jpg (photo Marie-therese Serres) from here

the Pangboche hand.

More generally, these are subjects for cryptozoology which is not recognized officialy as a science.

see also Grover Krantz article in english wiki.

bigfoot_empreinte.jpg

comparaison.gif

from here.

Please don't misunderstand this post: i am not an advocate of the Bigfoot-Yeti existence. This is only FYI.

Edited by michel123456

There's no reason why cryptozoology shouldn't be regarded as a science, since it is really just the scientific investigation of suspected animal forms which have not yet been identified and described. All the time lots of new and uninteresting species of beetles are discovered, so cryptozoology is nothing all that unscientific. I believe the University of Chicago even has a subdepartment of cryptozoology.

• 10 months later...

Why is it considered so unlikely for sasquatch to exist? There are many animals on the planet we have not yet discovered. Only recently was the striped leopard discovered, and recognized. Can you imagine the possibility of the North American Great Ape existing? From an evolution perspective, is it possible that Cro-magnon, Neanderthal, etc. may have not completely died out when Homo Sapiens became the dominant species? Just some thoughts.

The thing is ... if sasquatch is not an animal... there would be a big impact: land claims, theology and the yahoos who want to go find evidence for themselves.

No skeletal remains? I have quite a few raccoons and squirrels in my backyard. I have yet to see a carcass. I'm pretty sure they don't just vanish into thin air. We also don't usually see an awful lot of human remains lying around to be found.

Just a thought.

Why is it considered so unlikely for sasquatch to exist? There are many animals on the planet we have not yet discovered. Only recently was the striped leopard discovered, and recognized. Can you imagine the possibility of the North American Great Ape existing? From an evolution perspective, is it possible that Cro-magnon, Neanderthal, etc. may have not completely died out when Homo Sapiens became the dominant species? Just some thoughts.

Actually there was a huge ape that come close to matching bigfoot but there is no evidence for it to have persisted into modern times.

The thing is ... if sasquatch is not an animal... there would be a big impact: land claims, theology and the yahoos who want to go find evidence for themselves.

This would probably be true if bigfoot was found but so far as I said in my earlier post in this thread no evidence what so ever has been found that could not have easily been faked, and much of that evidence has been shown to have been faked.

No skeletal remains? I have quite a few raccoons and squirrels in my backyard. I have yet to see a carcass. I'm pretty sure they don't just vanish into thin air. We also don't usually see an awful lot of human remains lying around to be found.

Just a thought.

I have found the remains of deer in the woods and a bear skull, I've even found dead squirrels and raccoon but most small animals are eaten very quickly by scavengers, a large animal like a bigfoot should have left behind some evidence of it's existence...