Gecko's saliva can cure AIDS?

Newbies_Kid

Tokay_geckoB.jpg

This type of lizard is a phenomenal in my country right now.. everyone went into jungle searching for it.. I've heard that the enzyme from it's saliva can cure AIDS. That's why a price for an adult gecko can equalize to a C class Merc Benz.. So i want to know if there are scientific proof that it really can cure AIDS?

thanks

becaue no matter what it is, some idiot will believe it cures something and will be prepared to buy it for a lot of money.

homeopathy is an industry worth a few billion, it cures nothing but thirst as most of the products it sells are either water or sugar. yet claims to cure everything from cancer to bad dress sense.

This type of lizard is a phenomenal in my country right now.. everyone went into jungle searching for it.. I've heard that the enzyme from it's saliva can cure AIDS. That's why a price for an adult gecko can equalize to a C class Merc Benz.. So i want to know if there are scientific proof that it really can cure AIDS?

thanks

Sure... Catch one of these, sell it to a sucker for a ton of cash, and use the cash to buy medicine.

But the price isn't a rumour... i have friend who sold a 400 grams gecko which he catch at phuket thailand with a price of USD 20,000. He quit his job and become a gecko hunter. Why nobody interested to reveal the truth about the myth that it can cure AIDS?

Just because someone paid that much for the gecko doesn't prove it cures AIDS, it just shows how gullible desperate people are.

That looks to me just like a Tokay gecko... they're common pets here, fifty, sixty bucks maybe? Let's assume there is some truth to it, I could buy that its saliva kills the HIV virus, but that's by no means a "cure" (I doubt it's true anyway)

More certainly, the antibiotic skin secretions of the White's Green Tree Frog do kill the HIV virus and I could go across the street right now and buy one for 12 bucks.

That looks to me just like a Tokay gecko... they're common pets here, fifty, sixty bucks maybe? Let's assume there is some truth to it, I could buy that its saliva kills the HIV virus, but that's by no means a "cure" (I doubt it's true anyway)

More certainly, the antibiotic skin secretions of the White's Green Tree Frog do kill the HIV virus and I could go across the street right now and buy one for 12 bucks.

Whew.. fifty, sixty bucks? Which country you live? i want to book my ticket now:lol: No joke, at Malaysia this lizard has no place to hide, people are searching for it and some of them willing to sleep in jungle for few week just to find it. The price is according to its weight.. 300gram++ gecko can be sold at RM 10k ( USD 3+++). The buyers usually from china and Japan. Check out the giant gecko found at Borneo island below:

b4f0456e20d3b782a5357713612c54f1.jpg

Its weight is around 64 KILOGRAM! and sold at price of RM 1 Million per Kg!! But i heard that poor lizard end up on dinner plate in China.

Edited by Newbies_Kid

This lizard in the picture is bigger than monitor lizard, and probably komodo dragon and I've not seen it at this size..:blink: In my opinion, the picture may be altered. However, once in a blue moon, there could be a surprise. I've seen one at about 30cm.

It's obviously fake -_- that IS a tokay gecko, and max, that lizard in the photo is ten or so inches long. The largest geckos in the world aren't much larger than that. The photo is just using misleading perspective to make it look large.

Tokay's are common geckos throughout southeast Asia, Indonesia, the Philippines, etc. I can find them in the US so cheap at petstores because theyre so common and frequently imported and bred.

This entire thing is a scam, and a pathetically unconvincing one at that.

It's obviously fake -_- that IS a tokay gecko, and max, that lizard in the photo is ten or so inches long. The largest geckos in the world aren't much larger than that. The photo is just using misleading perspective to make it look large.

Tokay's are common geckos throughout southeast Asia, Indonesia, the Philippines, etc. I can find them in the US so cheap at petstores because theyre so common and frequently imported and bred.

I agree AP, this is just another hoax, the lizard is not as big as the photo seems to indicate, not even close and the OP is either a victim of the hoax or perpetrating it. Penicillin comes from mold on oranges, i think, but if you were sick you would have no way to use that mold to your benefit. Even if the gecko is somehow a cure for aids how do you administer it? Eat the gecko raw? Grind him up and inject the pureed lizard into your veins? The Tokay gecko is quite common, bred in captivity and it would be nuts to pay that much for an animal so common and easy to come by. A hoax for sure, the forums chain is being rattled for sure! AIDS has resulted in many desperate hoaxes that bilk billions of dollars out of desperate people but this is no better then the Hoax about having sex with a virgin will cure AIDS.

I also fell suspicious on that picture but believe or not, tokay gecko wasn't that cheap in southeast asia. I copy paste some link below to prove what i said and if you don't understand the malay word i can translate it for you.Malaysian E-bay

My link

Back to science, can someone verify this - Tri- Hexapentaphenicol (IUPAC nomenclature). This is the chemical substance that people claim can fight HIV also H1N1 virus and it can be found in gecko's saliva (or its venom perhaps?).

I agree AP, this is just another hoax, the lizard is not as big as the photo seems to indicate, not even close and the OP is either a victim of the hoax or perpetrating it. Penicillin comes from mold on oranges, i think, but if you were sick you would have no way to use that mold to your benefit. Even if the gecko is somehow a cure for aids how do you administer it? Eat the gecko raw? Grind him up and inject the pureed lizard into your veins? The Tokay gecko is quite common, bred in captivity and it would be nuts to pay that much for an animal so common and easy to come by. A hoax for sure, the forums chain is being rattled for sure! AIDS has resulted in many desperate hoaxes that bilk billions of dollars out of desperate people but this is no better then the Hoax about having sex with a virgin will cure AIDS.

I have no intention to make any scams here Moontanman. I just fell curious when anyone here talking about that lizard. i post it here just to share with our members and expect some good feedback. Not something that make me look stupid.

Peace B)

Edited by Newbies_Kid

• 2 weeks later...

Newbie's kid,

If the saliva does work it won't be straight out of the gecko, it will - most certainly - be a stronger solution.

MD Anderson is in China studying a particular frog, they think the venom is a cure for cancer, when they prove this they will give it to the drug company that is sponsoring their study and they will reproduce it in chemical form at a much higher potency.

I hope you guys aren't killing off your natural treasure - the gecko - he is valuable.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WOW, LLL reptile sells them alot cheaper tell you'r friends paying 20,000 to call me :D Ill pay shipping!!

whoever Paid 20,000 for a Tokay is a complete idiot.

I am a Tokay Gecko breeder in the UK, I sell captive bred Tokay's at £40 (around 65USD). This can't be a regular price as Tokay's are actually imported FROM malaysia to England and sold as wild caught. They fetch around £20 and I believe the wholesalers would but them from around £5 (8 USD). I cant see why people would be exporting them from malaysia if they were making that sort of money.

in regards to the SIV cure, I was looking into this out of curiousity. It's getting very worrying the amount of people in malaysia and the phillipines who believe they will sell these gecko's for a huge price. We get them on Gecko forums saying "how do I make my gecko nice and fat". Here is an example....

http://www.geckosunl...okay-gecko.html

My Tokay's are a little more "special" as they are different colour morphs. I am one of the only people working with Tokay Genetics at the moment.

for any of you that may be interested. here's a few pictures of my lot =]

5540127991_108a711e06_z.jpg

5313705724_7cd5ec109b_z.jpg

5313111671_51b86be915_z.jpg

5313702600_b4df91ab9e_z.jpg

5537859415_bef52e39db_z.jpg

5538437968_b674de8214_z.jpg

5537858285_0dd047cb9a_z.jpg

Here is my hatchling racking...

5618482212_97a0b557c7_z.jpg

where I rear these little guys...

5550911311_4201aff628_z.jpg

One of these is actually one of a kind in captivity. even as rare as that, she is worth nowhere near as much as a merc!

whoever Paid 20,000 for a Tokay is a complete idiot.

I am a Tokay Gecko breeder in the UK, I sell captive bred Tokay's at £40 (around 65USD). This can't be a regular price as Tokay's are actually imported FROM malaysia to England and sold as wild caught. They fetch around £20 and I believe the wholesalers would but them from around £5 (8 USD). I cant see why people would be exporting them from malaysia if they were making that sort of money.

in regards to the SIV cure, I was looking into this out of curiousity. It's getting very worrying the amount of people in malaysia and the phillipines who believe they will sell these gecko's for a huge price. We get them on Gecko forums saying "how do I make my gecko nice and fat". Here is an example....

http://www.geckosunl...okay-gecko.html

My Tokay's are a little more "special" as they are different colour morphs. I am one of the only people working with Tokay Genetics at the moment.

for any of you that may be interested. here's a few pictures of my lot =]

5540127991_108a711e06_z.jpg

5313705724_7cd5ec109b_z.jpg

5313111671_51b86be915_z.jpg

5313702600_b4df91ab9e_z.jpg

5537859415_bef52e39db_z.jpg

5538437968_b674de8214_z.jpg

5537858285_0dd047cb9a_z.jpg

Here is my hatchling racking...

5618482212_97a0b557c7_z.jpg

where I rear these little guys...

5550911311_4201aff628_z.jpg

One of these is actually one of a kind in captivity. even as rare as that, she is worth nowhere near as much as a merc!

Hello im bong from Philippines. its true that they buy Tokay(Gecko) a 350grams worth of 9,000Usd to 10,000Usd....

And its proven. cause i was there when they buy Tokay(gecko) of my neighbor and they pay cash.....

i have 5pcs. tokay(gecko) in my hand now. and there 11inches to 13inches and they very healthy.

For those interested to my tokay(gecko) this is for Pet only... feel free to contact me....

post-45979-0-81565800-1304299471_thumb.jpg

post-45979-0-33782800-1304299522_thumb.jpg

Edited by bong

the 64kg gecko is a true deal. however it is not found in the jungle but is bred instead.

gecko bussiness is booming in malaysia. people even died because of it in thailand.

in my knowledge, its not the saliva that cures the gecko.

we have buyers from US, canada and korean pharmaceutical company and labs coming in to malaysia on appointment basis.

they said that the gecko's heart produces an enzyme that is needed to create an HIV antivirus.

this antiviral program is said to be funded by WHO and is still under research phase.

geckos sold to these 'international buyers' are not sold in a whole because only the heart is taken by them. they put it in a cryogenic-like container and the gecko remain is thrown away.

only geckos with a perfect BMI (length & weight) are excepted.

fat geckos (called boxer geckos) which weighs more than it should, usually the ones bred and fed with quail eggs mix with honey, values 90% lower and sometimes has no value at all.

a perfect BMI red-spotted gecko weighs 420gm with 22inches long from head to tail-end has a starting price of 10million MYR (malaysian ringgit) and can reach up to MYR17million if negotiated properly.

i dont give a damn whether its a hoax or not, but the money is real!

i already quit my job and open a gas station with gecko money.

bought a house, 3 cars, some stocks, gold bullions, and on occasion.....sell gecko!

but beware, people kill for this thing!!

Thanks for the very interesting post on the 'inside dealings' of gecko dealing.

I would like to ask you if you are willing to share on how your TT payment

from your buyer is processed and what percentage was taxed?

I'm working towards my first deal and still new to this so would appreciate it

a lot if you could shed some light on this. Thanks...

Hello im bong from Philippines. its true that they buy Tokay(Gecko) a 350grams worth of 9,000Usd to 10,000Usd....

And its proven. cause i was there when they buy Tokay(gecko) of my neighbor and they pay cash.....

i have 5pcs. tokay(gecko) in my hand now. and there 11inches to 13inches and they very healthy.

For those interested to my tokay(gecko) this is for Pet only... feel free to contact me....

hey bong im from Philippines too.. interesado po ako sa tuko mo.. magkano ba iyan? totoo ba talaga yang AIDS cure? cguro nasa research phase pa lng... ^^

Shipping exotic animals might be a problem!

I wonder if anyone can draw a connection between the reputed capacity of gecko saliva to help in AIDS and the recent discovery that gila monster saliva is helpful for diabetes?