Death Penalty

DJBruce

Capital punishment is murder...you are killing someone intentionally with forethought aren't you? That's called murder.So whoever the executioner(s) is(are) they too should be executed for murder. Law doesn't and shouldn't make any exceptions...hey, it's your law.

Murder is defined as unlawful killing in US law:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00001111----000-.html

So execution is not, by definition, murder.

Can't we just put them into reversible comas/sustained unconsciousness...they require less resources that way. We should probably also sterilise them to stop them having children. I don't think a that all people deserve to procreate. Not all criminals...just in crimes that it is appropriate in: Eg: Repeat drug use offences, serial murder, rape.

That way we don't kill them...We just steal several years of their lives...and their ability to procreate.

Being unconscious for a long period of time has serious health effects, and it's not a deterrent anyway. If you're unconscious, you have no sense of time, so you just wake up, leave "prison," and go off doing whatever you were doing before.

Also, what about criminals who don't want kids anyway?

...I wasn't talking about deterring crime. The only way to do that would be to be so cruel and evil it would probably violate human rights.

Then what is the value of knocking people unconscious for years? The health consequences of that (atrophy, bedsores, whatever) are probably also considered cruel and unusual.

More jobs for doctors? I dunno...it was mainly meant for those in long term or permanent jail sentences. Stop drain on our resources...like money...

I know it is a bad idea...I never said it was a good idea...I was just suggesting it...

Capital punishment is murder...you are killing someone intentionally with forethought aren't you? That's called murder.So whoever the executioner(s) is(are) they too should be executed for murder. Law doesn't and shouldn't make any exceptions...hey, it's your law.

Can't we just put them into reversible comas/sustained unconsciousness...they require less resources that way. We should probably also sterilise them to stop them having children. I don't think a that all people deserve to procreate. Not all criminals...just in crimes that it is appropriate in: Eg: Repeat drug use offences, serial murder, rape.

That way we don't kill them...We just steal several years of their lives...and their ability to procreate.

How did you come up with sterilising them for punishment? Would it be just as reasonable to blind them, or cut off a hand, or make them bald? I mean, why punish potential offspring?