A-Level Results

J'Dona

For those 17 to 18-year-olds in the UK, they're going to be getting their A-Level results tomorrow morning! Here's a buffer for those who want to spill the beans and cry with joy/despair over the fate of their UCAS applications, and thus future lives.

As far as I know, results will be available from 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM at your school or college across the UK (or at least at mine it is). Some people won't stop to say how things went here, of course, as they're probably going out to get drunk immediately afterward, whether the day's result was good or bad.

They're the qualification before university in the UK. Your acceptance into university (if you're going there) is based on the results, and hence your future careers. So tomorrow is quite a major day for a few people!

good luck. just remember that bad results is NOT the end of the world. Unexpected results bring into view the alternative career paths you have never thought about.

(like selling your body, drug dealing, or smuggling people). so GOOD LUCK

Unexpected results bring into view the alternative career paths you have never thought about.

(like selling your body' date=' drug dealing, or smuggling people).[/quote']Or perhaps selling people whose bodies contain drugs!

Well, nobody's posted theirs so now it looks like I made this thread just to talk about my own results. Anyway... I got an A in chemistry (barely) and a C in further maths, which is all right because, mixed with my past A-Levels, it gives me AAACC, which meets the AAA minimum at top uni's in the UK. I wonder whether those extra two C's are better or worse though, because even if it is a broader range of subjects I might be asked why I didn't get A's in them.

Oh, and my best friend got 600/600 marks in Further Maths and is now definitely going to Cambridge.

She did the step papers and got S and 1 (where her offer required 1 and 2). The strange thing is, she was rejected from Trinity college for maths, and was immediately snatched up in the pool for Newnham college, which she didn't want to go to because it was a grils-only college. I'll bet Trinity would regret it now. :P

I'm hoping to do Natural Sciences (physical) at Cambridge, or Physics if at another university (maybe with astronomy), though I'm not yet decided on all of my alternative universities.

More A-Level students, post your results!

A-levels are the exams that students sit in England, just to inform people. Here in Scotland kids sit Highers/Advanced Highers and entrance requirements to Universities are based on both Higher/A-level results. In Scotland students tend to take 5 highers and because of this our system is more broadly based, i.e. youngsters have a wider range of subjects. In addition, highers are taken over one year not 2 like A-levels. Our equivalent of the A-level would be the advanced higher which students take in their final year. Just wanted to point out that the UK operates on more than one level than England's A-levels.

You ROCK, Jesse! A in Chem, now we know what your middle initial stands for! Enjoy yourself responsibly. Barring that, don't call us from jail, or gaol, or whatever it is the bobbies put you Chemisty-acing Brits into when you celebrate over the line.