X-Rays

ydoaPs

Not that I know of.

But they are a pretty nice beam to begin with.

The only problem here is that they have to be registered, and I doubt you could get one unless it's for a college lab or a medical practice. They don't want ignoramuses sterilizing people and causing cancer.

In fact, I think you'd want to get one of those lead blanket thingies just to be safe.

Up the power on it.

Specifically' date=' raise the current. If you raise the voltage you will get higher energy in the continuum but not in any transition-specific values. If you want more intensity you need more electrons.

[sub']edit: spelling[/sub]

NO! NO ALUMINUM! Aluminum, when hit with radiation, likes to shoot off neutrons (I think... I'll check in a minute) and neutron radiation is quite dangerous. You better get a Dosimeter and a charger off of eBay (preferably one with a low scale and one with a high scale) just to be safe. No, not a geiger counter, dosimeters will measure the amount of radiation you are exposed to over an extended period of time.

What's this for anyways? Radiation is a nasty thing. X-ray machines give out anywhere from 10 millirems (chest x-ray) to 70 millirems (spine x-ray). 350 millirems a year is normal for anyone, just with background radiation. Exposing yourself to 10,000 millirems (in any amount of time) increases your risk of cancer.

Even an x-ray machine does not point all of it's radiation in one direction. X-rays radiate in all directions, in lesser amounts. That's why doctors go out of the room before they "fire" the gun. Using one with no training and little protection is absolutely stupid (to put it bluntly). Unless you a) use the gun only a little or b)put a lead casing around the x-ray gun entirely, you will still recieve radiation.

I strongly recommend against doing this. Therefore I really don't want to continue giving you advice that might end up with you having cancer in a few years.

edit: If you want, go into chat and I'll tell you further.

i was going to ghetto rig it so that it has a remote control thingy. i have the whole upstairs to myself. i was going to line one of my walls with lead and steel while the machine is in a room that i am not in. the lead would cover the entire vacuum chamber except for a hole (probably a lead pipe) for the x-rays to escape the machine.

the less information i have, the more dangerous it will be. i know the dangers of radiation.(that is kinda what it is for. research, not making cancer) i was planning on exposing produce and plants to immense amounts of radiation. i am going to use as many saftey prcautions as possible. does anyone know where i can get leaded glass.(plexyglass is going to be on both sides of it)