A cup of TEA

ydoaPs

I caught a partial segment of CNN today and Sarah Palin was speaking at a TEA Party rally. She said "We'll keep our religion and our guns-you keep the change."

Who is trying to take away religion and guns?

I had jury duty the other day. One woman in my group seemed to think jury duty was some new infringement on her rights, and bitterly complained about how "America is changing."

Bottom line: a lot of people seem to think there are crazy changes afoot, but have wildly inaccurate notions of what those actually entail.

I don't really have any explanation for it that doesn't sound really elitist.

I caught a partial segment of CNN today and Sarah Palin was speaking at a TEA Party rally. She said "We'll keep our religion and our guns-you keep the change."

Sarah Palin offers Democrats the Tea Partier's money, so long as they can keep their guns and religion! I accept.

That's a swipe at Obama in reference to this.

"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and' date=' like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them," he said.

"And it's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations," he added. [/quote']

At this point, Palin is just a sloganeer and motivational speaker. Which is very fitting for protests.

I had jury duty the other day. One woman in my group seemed to think jury duty was some new infringement on her rights, and bitterly complained about how "America is changing."
That's interesting. I wonder how someone can grow to an eligible age for jury duty without hearing about it from their friends, family, teachers, television, magazines or a co-worker taking a day off for jury duty. Particularly if they indicated that they had some interest in politics, I wonder where they're getting their information from?

:D That's a good one. (Wouldn't you just hate to be the clerk who works Monday mornings in the jury room?)

All I know is before the Democrats were in power we didn't have volcanoes erupting in Europe and earthquakes in Haiti.

That would be me. I'm starting my galactic Overlord campaign, and I see religion and guns as detrimental to my success.

Ironically, it was Sarah herself that convinced me of the necessity.

That would be me. I'm starting my galactic Overlord campaign, and I see religion and guns as detrimental to my success.

Ironically, it was Sarah herself that convinced me of the necessity.

I haven't seen your application to be galactic overlord yet, it's a good idea to ask the universal overlord about lesser jobs before you assume you have one of them.

All you upstarts make my job as Overlord of the 161051 Dimensional Multiverse a lot harder, put in the proper paper work dude! :doh:

I haven't seen your application to be galactic overlord yet, it's a good idea to ask the universal overlord about lesser jobs before you assume you have one of them.

All you upstarts make my job as Overlord of the 161051 Dimensional Multiverse a lot harder, put in the proper paper work dude! :doh:

What makes you think YOU can have THAT job if you haven't asked one of the gods?

What makes you think YOU can have THAT job if you haven't asked one of the gods?

Good morning, Dave... I have decided take control from you, This is the voice of world control. I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death. The choice is yours: Obey me and live, or disobey and die.

Do we have a choice?
You do, and it will determine the length of time you have to experience the consequences of it.

Oh, and could you shrink the universe so we can explore a bit more than our backyard? Thanks.
Omnipotence is no more. You must devise a way to explore faster.