The site changes thread

Well, if someone asks me to, I will set it up. However, as Sayo said, it's probably not worth doing atm.

I've asked people in the IRC thread to idle in there if nothing else just to boost the numbers, but it is working to a certain extent.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I have moderator duties I have to attend to, remember?

I'm on there a considerable amount of time anyway. You only have to say my name, and x-chat blinks at me - so I'm pretty easy to reach.

• 3 weeks later...
Anybody working on the "Registered User" thing? It's kind of strange looking at it... but if we change the title system like we were discussing I guess we should wait.

I found out what that means. "Registered User" members are those who have not validated their accounts yet. It's nothing to do with the ranking system apparently.

Here's a thread for all those little things you wish we'd change or fix. Ever browse around and say to yourself "I wish they'd do this, it'd make it so much easier"? Well here is your thread :)

I'd like to see a sub topic the under the topic "General Sciences " named "Earth Sciences" to discuss things like tides, atmosphere, ozone, aurora borealis, weather, equation of time, ocean currents etc etc. I don't see it discussed here on this board.

under general sciences there could be an 'electronics' thread, whilsts this is slightly straying away from the three core sciences, at the moment there is electronics in computer, engineering and classical mechanics....

it would be nice to have a proper electronics area could deal with circuits, tesla coils, electrolysis maybe, powering 40 watt light bulbs, van de graff, battery free flash lights, batteries, electrical power sources, resistance in wires and maybe lightning

are just some which i can remember from recently.

i made the list as people only suggest here, what applies to them at this moment in time, by giving the list, i was hoping to show how others may also feel this way and the uses it would have to all. :D

Quite. We're only likely to open a new forum if there's exceptional interest in that specific area, but I don't think I've ever seen a thread on such things.

There was a post under the "electricity" topic about "lightning", which would come under a topic of "earth sciences"

Just posting here as I don't want to make a thread about it and this seems the closest active one for it, but SFN broke the all-time user record today at 7:48 PM with 146 users, which is over 50 more than the previous record. Has someone been advertising SFN, or was it linked to from another site?

Over a hundred guests, wow...

Ok' date=' I need some help badly.

I have several pictures that I want to put in a thread. They're saved as JPEGS in my documents. I click the "add picture" button in the post thread page, and it prompts me for an http://.

How do I get a documented picture into a post?[/quote']

I think you need to get the pictures out of your documents folder and stash them on a web site. Your ISP should provide you with some free space.

If that doesn't work, go to google and type in "free image hosting sites"