Leison

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, a new saying has been born. "Snuffle my crotch."

Yah I go nuts in summer like a male cat sniffing out the other pussy cats.

Now, I'm not so good at telling exactly which females are in heat... but that is what booze is for. I, therefor, have overcome the need for the sensitive snoz. That's the essence of Evolution.

[edit]

btw, watch out for that leison character sayo, he wants you to share your crotch snuffling experience with him.

Smells kinda fishy to me.

There is no mating season for humans simply because we have "evolved" beyond that...we are not subject to seasons/daylength etc in the way we once were. I use the term "evolved" loosely because we've advanced technologically and can create artificial environments. However, it's a true fact that during the winter/power cuts there's a lot going on....babies being born 9 months later. If there's no TV people find other avenues of entertainment......so YT2059 you are totally correct...TV is to blame.!!!

There are frequent baby boons in September/October due to the spring time luvin, so there is evidence that we are seasonally affected in some fashion.

Interestingly enough this corrolates somewhat with the disproportionate number of homosexuals born under virgo/libra.

I thought everyday was mating season for humans!?

Just because people can think that, we aren't bound to a season

and because the baby's survival chance doesn't change in an other season.

there is a slight adavntage in not having a mating season, in that:

there is not, one time of year, to have a child, you can have children all of the time, meaning, there are no limits, whereas, as an animal, you can only have children at a certain time, limiting you. it is this limitation, and our lack of this limitation, which, gives us an advantage.

there is a slight adavntage in not having a mating season, in that:

there is not, one time of year, to have a child, you can have children all of the time, meaning, there are no limits, whereas, as an animal, you can only have children at a certain time, limiting you. it is this limitation, and our lack of this limitation, which, gives us an advantage.

By limitation do you mean that animals can't explode their population exponentially ??

Given that they have smaller gestation periods and larger litter sizes that is still untrue.

there is a slight adavntage in not having a mating season' date=' in that:

there is not, one time of year, to have a child, you can have children all of the time, meaning, there are no limits, whereas, as an animal, you can only have children at a certain time, limiting you. it is this limitation, and our lack of this limitation, which, gives us an advantage.[/quote']

The problem with that is it's complete bollocks. Having a rate of reproduction that is as high in winter as it is in summer is not an advantage, it's a liability for your entire population.

Even if it weren't, (a) the fact is that the human birth rate is not the same all year around, and (b) it still does not link it to the prior comment of us being a step ahead.

Are we a step ahead because of our mating season? Is our mating season a result of us being a step ahead? What was the causal mechanism in either case? Why is this difference of more importance than other differences between our species and others?

Those are some of the questions that need to be addressed if anyone has any hope of qualifying post #33.

The very essence of having a mating season , is to maximise the probability of survival of a new born. The fact is that humans have altered their own environments so much that, it really does not matter any more wether a child is born in june or in december.

Then the very purpose of a mating season has been lost.

Its probably that we were already a step ahead of the rest the animals, that we could alter our living environment so much that we no longer need a mating season and not the other way round.

The very essence of having a mating season ' date=' is to maximise the probability of survival of a new born. The fact is that humans have altered their own environments so much that, it really does not matter any more wether a child is born in june or in december.

Then the very purpose of a mating season has been lost.

Its probably that we were already a step ahead of the rest the animals, that we could alter our living environment so much that we no longer need a mating season and not the other way round.[/quote']

What Sayo said, and

I think that the "no mating season" predates much of our technology that allows us to alter our living environment. Clothing and fire, maybe, have been around long enough.

Are we a step ahead because of our mating season? Is our mating season a result of us being a step ahead? What was the causal mechanism in either case? Why is this difference of more importance than other differences between our species and others?

Those are some of the questions that need to be addressed if anyone has any hope of qualifying post #33.

i dont know if i'm true or not but i wrote in #33 coz that came in my mind :

answer to yr first question. we are a step ahead and mating season can be one of the causes of our forwardness. no mating season means everyday can be mated and this increases the pop.how?(pop is key for forwardness.)

a) matured female need not to wait for the paticular time to mate

b) and the females do not become pregnant at the same time so the babies

can get extra nursing from other females which means more chance of

survival

c) and we can choose the suitable season of delivery of baby by mating

before 9 months of that suitable season.

all above points help to increase the survival and it leads to the more population .and survival is the proof of us being ahead of any others.i think the above points answer all your question. biologically "more population means more succesful animal" and population is affected by mating ,we have unigue mating habits so we are gr8.

I think that the "no mating season" predates much of our technology that allows us to alter our living environment. Clothing and fire, maybe, have been around long enough.

so the very fact that we dont have a mating seaon is good. it shows how we can adapt to our surroundings better than animals with mating seasons can.

additionally:

survival

these all increase survival probability,

therefore, i came to the conclusion that, the fact that we dont need a mating season, is in acknowlegement, that we can adapt to our environment, and we can show thought process, demonstrated by Leison, and that we have technology, demonstrated in swansont's post, and putting it all together, we A) dont need a mating season, and B) are more advance, and in a better position then other species.

first of all, see mating season as a limit, or restriction. whilst it is there for the correct reasons, it is a boundary.

an animal needs this boundary though, to increase the chances of the children living, but humans can make their children have the same chance or living, regardless of the time of year, thus removing the limit.

the ability to have children all year round increases the average child per baby ratio, because the mother has the whole year to become pregnant, whereas the animal counterpart, under the restriction, has only a few short weeks, to do the same thing, the human mother has a year to do.

what i also meant, [from the quote in swansont's last post] is that, the fact that we dont have a mating season, shows how we can adapt to our envionment. obviously, being able to adapt like this is beneficial for our specie, allowing us to, inevitably survive the longest, as we can adapt our surrounding to suit us, rather than having to wiat thousands of years for our body to evolve.

answer to yr first question. we are a step ahead and mating season can be one of the causes of our forwardness.

In what way are we "a step ahead", specifically? It seems to me that you are saying:

1) We are a step ahead because we have no mating season, and

2) We have no mating season because we are a step ahead.

...which is tautological.

no mating season means everyday can be mated and this increases the pop.how?(pop is key for forwardness.)

Firstly the birth rate in humans changes over the year, so clearly we do still have a mating season of sorts.

Secondly, you are ignoring the vast swathes of biology and ecology that are involved in defining "forwardness", such as genetic fitness, selective pressures, population ecology and behavioural ecology. It is not all down to population size. If it were, bacteria and viruses would be the most advanced species we know of, and third world countries - which on average have higher birth rates per capita than Western countries - would be the most advanced human societies.

survival

(b) is a good point, however it does not necessarily follow that this makes us a better species, since you have not linked the increased likelihood of individual infant survival to population success.

© does not happen as often as you would imagine. It also suggests an artificial mating season or seasons, which is biologically similar to a "natural" mating season.

all above points help to increase the survival and it leads to the more population.

Well, not really. You are just picking out random ecological/social features and claiming they are an advantage without directly comparing them to anything or considering them in context.

and survival is the proof of us being ahead of any others.

I would debate that strongly, seeing as species with mating seasons don't seem to have trouble surviving. You still haven't defined what you consider to be "ahead".

i think the above points answer all your question.

Not really.

biologically "more population means more succesful animal"

Not necessarily. A larger population, for instance, does not automatically mean higher fecundity or better genotypic fitness. Take ants for example - vast populations, virtually no diversity.

A large population is generally better for individuals in that population, but it does not always follow that a large population is serving its best interests as a whole.

so the very fact that we dont have a mating seaon is good.

Can you not read? We. Do. Have. A. Mating. Season.

it shows how we can adapt to our surroundings better than animals with mating seasons can.

Even assuming we had no mating season, I'd love to know how you worked that out, given that Swanson's proposed "clothing and fire" trigger has nothing to do with adapting an environment.

these all increase survival probability,

Yes, for individuals. Big whoopee.

therefore, i came to the conclusion that, the fact that we dont need a mating season, is in acknowlegement, that we can adapt to our environment, and we can show thought process, demonstrated by Leison, and that we have technology, demonstrated in swansont's post, and putting it all together, we A) dont need a mating season, and B) are more advance, and in a better position then other species.

I think you should revise your conclusions, only this time involve some biology in your approach instead of random internet splurge that is coming out of the top of someone's head.

I don't see how that follows.

It doesn't.

first of all, see mating season as a limit, or restriction. whilst it is there for the correct reasons, it is a boundary.

How about if we don't randomly assume restrictions that are not valid without an ecological reason?

what i also meant, [from the quote in swansont's last post] is that, the fact that we dont have a mating season, shows how we can adapt to our envionment.

Assuming we didn't have a season, how does it show that?

obviously, being able to adapt like this is beneficial for our specie, allowing us to, inevitably survive the longest, as we can adapt our surrounding to suit us, rather than having to wiat thousands of years for our body to evolve.

What utter gubbins.

sayonara, a simple yes no answer is sufficient:

A) is the human race ahead of other species? are we the most world dominant, advanced specie?

B) do we have a mating season?

whatever you answer to that, i have a suitable conclusion which i will share, once you've answered.