i cant find this anywhere

monster!!

ok i have been looking for about 30 minutes to find.....

where would you find archaebacteria? for a biology project and i cant....can anyone help me plz

Able to live in a variety of environments, archaebacteria are known as extremophiles. Certain species are able to live in temperatures above boiling point at 100° Celsius or 212° Fahrenheit. Archaebacteria can also thrive in very saline, acidic, or alkaline aquatic environments. They employ a variety of chemical tricks to accomplish this, with one species, halobacteria, able to convert light into adenosine triphosphate (ATP) or cell energy, using a non-photosynthetic process. Halobacteria live in waters almost completely saturated with salt, and unlike photosynthetic plants, are incapable of extracting carbon from atmospheric carbon dioxide.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-archaebacteria.htm

Not all archaea are extremophiles. You can find them in soil aquifers, in guts, etc.

They possibly not quite numerically dominant, but they often live in consortia with bacteria. Also the text is probably out of date as I remember that people have found Rubisco (which is the central enzyme of CO2 fixation) in archaea. Also, on another note, archaebacterium has essentially been dropped as a name. They are called archaea now.