WTF? This is an unexpected development

admiral_ju00

Yeah, I get you admiral. I remember watching "In Search of Bobby Fischer" or whatever that movie was called back in the day. When I was in middle-school. I had the same response as you when I read it on slashdot.

I hope he's not so old his brain is fried and he can't escape again ;_; I don't want him to be captured.

Guest ViperX883
Yeah' date=' I get you admiral. I remember watching "In Search of Bobby Fischer" or whatever that movie was called back in the day. When I was in middle-school. I had the same response as you when I read it on slashdot.

I hope he's not so old his brain is fried and he can't escape again ;_; I don't want him to be captured.[/quote']

Couldn't help but notice your username... A Nietzsche fan are you???

So Fischer beat Spassky in 1972

then forfit the rematch in 1975

then beat Spassky again in 1992 (ten games to five)

and announced in 1996 he's out of chess and

prefers "Fisher random" where the chess pieces are arranged

randomly at the start of the game---I guess you have to think more

creatively that way and cant go on having memorized past games

and chessbook analysis---who knows it could be fun and beautiful.

Maverick.

what if Mozart lived to 61 years old and was on the run for having played a sonata for Napoleon when he was a non-person exiled to St Helena island

what if Michelangelo was on the run for refusing to finish the ceiling for the Pope?

but it never happened, Mozart as we all know finished painting the ceiling under the popes orders and as we all know

Michelangelo died young never dedicated a sonata to that monster Bonaparte.

but Fischer insisted on going to Belgrade and kicking Spassky's butt.

thereby earning the displeasure of the US state department.

I didnt realize what an unpleasant person he is! Also the first 11 games were in a Montenegrin town of Sveti-Stefan, I guess on the coast. And then after one or the other won 5 games the plan was to move the match to Belgrade. So it was continued in Belgrade after game #11. Also Fischer, whose mother was jewish (which I guess makes him nominally jewish) speaks scathingly of Jews! Also he is reported to have said that the United States should be destroyed.

"Fisher random" where the chess pieces are arranged

randomly at the start of the game---I guess you have to think more

creatively that way and cant go on having memorized past games

and chessbook analysis---who knows it could be fun and beautiful.

This is really a way to play? What exactly are the rules for setting up the peices?

Couldn't help but notice your username... A Nietzsche fan are you???
An egoist. Which means, I like Nietzsche and Ayn Rand et al, but I'm a fan of me :D

I think it's a shame that a man has to be chased around planet Earth because the US state department decided to be stupid in his general direction. Chasing Osama = good. Chasing Bobby Fischer = stupid. I can see why he doesn't like America very much.

There needs to be a new chess game. Not that i've got anywhere near mastering the old one, but i say its time for something with a new edge. Someone invent something really freaking amazing. RIGHT NOW.

Play Go.