Holy literal fu**!!

forufes

No, I don't think so, which begs the question, why did you post it on a science forum?

because i hold a property, present in intelligent humans and some animals called curiosity, and when i saw that video, that property got on fire, and since i tried to explain those videos in every way i thought of and couldn't, i thought it might have to do with a scientific field which i don't hold enough knowledge about.

and so i asked in a science forum..

that is all very obvious for anyone who watches the videos, which begs the question, why are you acting surprised towards my inquiry? or is it what i'm inquiring about didn't surprise you?

No, i guess its some troll under the misguided exception that ppl with brains wouldnt get laid.

:confused::confused:

could you at LEAST try to be coherent? as basic manners seem out your range...

and to mods, some close minded idiot gave me negative rep for this, please get your pliers and open his eyes wide...

I'm not quite sure what those videos even show, and it seems to be just a few people playing around. It's even posted under "Comedy".

That said, this doesn't give anyone the right to be mean or obtuse to others. Watch your attitude, guys; if you have criticism, state it in a civil manner, as fitting to SFN Etiquette and rules of conduct.

~moo

I'm not quite sure what those videos even show, and it seems to be just a few people playing around.

that's what i thought when i went through the tens of one-on-ones in the middle of the street captured by mobile phones... didn't think much of the stage ones which were done directly on one person either, although they seemed more convincing but still held a fair possibility of being faked, but GROUPS??? and ON a STAGE?

and not one or two, but many..

also, i've long heard of hypnosis and accepted it as an extreme in a rare and complicated combination of skill and/or science, charisma, psychology,etc.. capable of boosting moral or reducing one to tears or just playing on his unconscious mind (which wiki refutes), might go as far as controlling someone in a manner similar to guiding a sleepwalker back to his bed...

BUT ORGASMS:eek:?

MANY PEOPLE?

FROM A DISTANCE?:eek:

AND GOING AS FAR AS IT CAN GO, and with CHAIRS?:eek:

They're supposed to be stage hypnosis shows.

so how do they work?

I saw Derren Brown demonstrate NLP via mirroring and body syncing a few weeks ago on one of his shows. He sat in a cafe and mirrored some guy who sat a few tables away.... they became syncing and after a while instead of DB mirroring the guy's movements, DB started to take the lead and the guy then started to mirror DB. DB then started to act like he was dropping off and the guy fell into a trance. Amazing - he went over and properly hypnotized him into going down to Dixons to steal a TV! Crazy. He reckoned that spy's might have used this to plant suggestions into civilians during war time so they became sabatours without knowing it. (also the spy wouldn't get caught in the act as the 'victim' was the one taking the action). Amazing.

Type "NLP mirroring" into google. Man - I wish I knew about this when I was at uni - I was crap with women........ then. ;):cool:

so how do they work?

Invite a bunch of people on stage, hypnotize them (and get rid of the ones who don't go along with it too well), and start suggesting they do stupid stuff like have sex with their chairs.

In stage hypnosis, a lot of what works is a combination of the hypnosis, what the subject thinks hypnosis can do, and the volunteers's willingness to do crazy stuff on stage. Remember, they volunteered, and they probably knew it was going to be risqué beforehand; you don't do that kind of show at Chuck-E-Cheese. So part of it is the "power" of hypnosis; part of it is that you end up preselecting the people who are most willing to do crazy stuff in front of an audience with the excuse that "well, I was hypnotized!"

The majority of what I have read suggests you can't just make people do anything you want them to do under hypnosis; what you can achieve depends on how clever you are, how willing the subject is, and what they believe you are capable of achieving. Clearly if they think "he'll be able to make me do anything, and I can't resist; this will be fun", they'll probably do anything you want them to do.

its real. its stage hypnotism and bugger all to do with the chairs. you just have to remember, hypnotism isn't some magical thing, it just puts you in a more suggestible and open mood. if you have a strong desire to not want to do something (like have sex with a chair on stage) then no amount of hypnotism will make it happen.

if on the other hand, you don't have any strong reservations against it and it is merely an embarassment factor stopping you then it is likely a hypnotist will be able to convince you to do it along with the belif that its alright because your hypnotised and its what the audience expect you to do.