Pictures Look at me!

Guest Buendia

Guest Buendia

:-(

I guess this might sound weird but since I'm 11 years old I feel and believe that pictures around me look at me. I believe they can see me and hear everything I do and say. It mustly happens with picture of guys I like or artists I like. Now all the pictures in my room are of people not looking directly to the camera because the feeling is so strong that if I have posters or pics that make me feel watched I go and change outside the room so they won't see me naked. Also I was so sure that the people on the pics could see me that sometimes I used to carry the pictures with me so they could see how popular and cool I was... IT IS SOOOOOO DISTURBING HELP ME! Its very uncomfortable, It drives me crazy! am I sick? is this an emotional dissorder or something? I wonder if anyone else has the same condition.....if anyone does PLEASE WRITE ME! how can I stop this? I feel so sick! if anyone could help please write me to:

maktub122@hotmail.com

Thanks...

Sophia

The whole beauty of this is that It's in the eye of the Beholder (That'll be YOU).

The only reason you think these pictures are looking right at or through you(whatever), is because (unconsciously) you want them to, by paying extra special attention to them(especially to their eyes).

The same phenomenon can be applied to most other people, but it only starts to bug you(or anyone else) is when you more or less, let your imagination take the best of you.

How to fix it, pay no attention to them. Don't think that they ARE looking at you, etc........

it sounds like Paranoia to me!

at least you still call them Pictures :)

Sick? well maybe not yet, but if you keep reiforcing this dellusion by taking such actions as changing outside the room or taking them with so they can "See" you, then you soon will be!

go and see your GP and explain this to him/her, they`ll know how to solve this for you, and you`ll be right as rain in no time :)

Does that mean your gay' date=' since you said of "guys I like"?

Well thats dosnt matter anyway.But for God sakes if they are disturbing you take them of the walls and burn them!!!IT would work...[/quote']

Heh, if I may quote the very last part of the 1st post(the Signature)

Thanks...

Sophia

need I say anything more? :eek:

By the way, YT, what do you mean by GP? I'm not getting that one.

taking them "Off the wall" would be ridiculously stupid!, it`ll merely reinforce the idea that they CAN SEE YOU, better to just force yourself to act normal like everyone else around them and recognose that they ARE only just pictures! (probably with a print date and company logo in one of the corners!).

taking them "Off the wall" would be ridiculously stupid!, it`ll merely reinforce the idea that they CAN SEE YOU, better to just force yourself to act normal like everyone else around them and recognose that they ARE only just pictures! (probably with a print date and company logo in one of the corners!).

Couldnt you just sleep in another room?

Heh' date=' if I may quote the very last part of the 1st post(the Signature)

need I say anything more? :eek:

By the way, YT, what do you mean by [b']GP[/b]? I'm not getting that one.

Ehh, sorry I havent had coffee yet... :-(

Couldnt you just sleep in another room?

What differance would that make?

Can't say it any better than the last YT's post on the 'Burning' thing as he is absolutely right.

{Edit}

Thanks, I didn't think about the Gen. Practitioners. I was thinking something along the lines of Grand Parents, etc :embarass: Besides, she's only 11, and may be in the same boat as me on that question.

But then again, a Gen. Practitioner would be the last one I'd go to for such an issue.

I remember when I was 11 I thought everybody was looking at me. I was big but pretty quick and nimble, but if I thought people were watching I'd suddenly get clumsy and embarrassed. I think because I was starting to really look around at other people I was becoming self-conscious as well.

It was awful at the time but I think it was pretty natural and normal at that age.

that reaction is perfectly normal for age 0 to about 6 or 7.

we lack the ability to position ourselves from anothers standpoint, and so those skills have to be learned. until that time, we assume that they know exactly what we know :)

and that applied to pictures also Phi?
Other than realizing that certain photo angles could make the subject seem to follow you with it's eyes, I don't remember any pictures haunting me. I just wonder if Buendia's obsession with pictures isn't part of that age when we feel judgement from all angles. When we're younger we feel the need to be constantly cool (tight?) around our peers to avoid their judgement. Possibly she feels it most when alone in her room with only her thoughts and pictures for company.

I couldn`t even begin to Imagine?

but I HAVE PM`d Glider regarding this thread, and I`m more than positive that when he gets a quiet 5 mins, he`ll shead plenty of light on this, for the now, it`s probably best to leave this thread lay alone for now, I`ll not Lock it, I`ll trust all your judgement on it.

Hi Sophia

It's not weird at all, and no, it's not an emotional disorder and you're not sick. I sometimes get the same feeling, and you're right, it is always stronger with a picture of somebody you like. But there's a reason for that. Because you like them, you feel a kind of attachment to them and what they do and think are more important to you than for people you don't like. So, when you have a picture of them, you are always thinking about what they would think if they could see you. This is natural. It is a part of the reason people carry pictures of people they love with them sometimes. It makes them feel closer and looking at the picture always makes you think about them more in a kind of "I wonder what they're doing or thinking now" kind of way.

The important thing is that what you feel is only what you think they can see and what you think they think about it. I'm sure you already know that really, they can't see you at all (they're only pictures after all), but because you like them, you can't help making them more real in your mind (everybody does that).

I'm sure you must have seen a film where somebody puts a picture of their husband or wife face down before they do something bad. They put that in films because the film makers know that everybody (i.e. the audience) recognizes that feeling; the feeling that you don't want to do anything wrong while somebody you really like can 'see you'. But of course, they can't see you. Their picture just makes you think of what they might think if they could see you.

It probably doesn't feel like it right now, but this will pass in time. You'll get interested in other things and do other stuff and you'll worry about it a lot less. What you need to do right now though, is to remind yourself that they are only pictures, and the people can't really see you. You might have to do that a lot at first. You just need to try to behave normally in front of them; do what you would normally do if they weren't there, and don't let them control what you do. It will soon become habit, and you'll start to ignore them.

Something else you could do is to ask your friends if they ever get the feeling that pictures are looking at them. You don't have to tell them everything (or anything at all if you don't want to). Just ask them if they ever get the feeling. I think you'll find that most people do. You could also ask your parents if they ever get the feeling too (I bet they do, sometimes). Ask your mother if she ever got the feeling when she had posters on the wall when she was younger. I bet she had posters of people like The Beatles or Rolling Stones or Jimmy Hendrix on her wall, and I bet she felt exactly like you do :)

If it's really bad, you should talk to your parents about it anyway. I'm certain they will understand, because like I say, everybody recognizes the feeling that pictures look at them.

Anyway, I hope it goes better for you. Try not to worry so much about it, you're not disturbed or anything like that, and more important, you're not alone. Like I say, everybody knows the feeling and I'm certain you'll feel a lot better about it when you prove that to yourself by asking your mother or your friends.

All the best

Glider