I'm dating a Chemist

sugashana

Women are pathetic....

"I don't know why I fall for losers"

then

"I know he drinks heavily, but I feel bad for him"

It's not going to work get over it!

(sorry I am usually sympathic but that doesn't work, they just go back to making stupid decisions)

That's a pretty bad generalization there, Gutz. Hardly all women are like that, but I'm sympathetic to possibility that this is all you've experienced in your own life.

sugashana - If you are being sincere with your posts, then I truly wish you and the guy the best of luck and hope that you manage to figure things out without too much strain or stress.

However, to be perfectly frank, this whole thread is really rather silly. I notice you've not posted anywhere else in this community, nor asked any actual science based questions. I encourage you to do so, as this whole "I'm dating a chemist" thing was really quite lame from the start, and is even more so now. Cheers.

Sorry Inow, you are correct. I know my generalizations go too far...it happens quite a bit. I've always been that person that women seem comfortable talking about their problem with...and I always get the same thing...it get's trying and it annoys me because they basically use me to get their justification for there actions.

"My boyfriends an asshole he plays video games and ignores me"

me - so dump him

"Oh but he can be nice sometimes..."

me - I am going to strangle you

*btw warning 95 % of what I say is light humour, Don't take it seriously. Look what group I'm in...I frigging created it that's how loopy I AM. >:) join us!

Edited by GutZ

FFS! Look, I post on other boards. I'm more of the fitness type so I post on fitness and nutrition boards.

I was just looking for some insight from a different crowd, I'm sorry if you think it's lame. If you think that, then don't respond.

He's a kind genuine man. He made 2 undetectable designer steroids for BALCO before they went down in 2007. He did his time and now he has a legitimate company and works very hard at designing supplements.

He drinks because it's how he manages his stress (not saying it's right or wrong) but he's still being harassed and investigated by the DEA. For some reason they have picked him out and want to make an example of him. They recently raided his lab and seized everything. At any time they can find some sort of bullshit reason to lock him up.

They accuse him of spiking supplements with andro.(the once legal steroid Mark McGuire used to hit all those home runs)

Obviously if it were true he'd be back in prison. I asked him to stop drinking and he did. Then we broke up and he started again.

Did you know that congress spent more time debating steroids in 2007 than they did on Health Care, and why the levies broke in New Orleans.

I love him, he'd do anything for me and I'd stand by him. My only dilemma or the thing that I question is if I'm ready to settle down. And you all are right that's my decision to make.

So don't hate if I'm not posting about wtf mitochondria's role is in mRNA.

Shit, there's more to life than that.

Anyway, that's my rant. I just thought I'd share. I'm torn because I date dickheads normally with no formal education so I'm trying to give him a shot...

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
1. If youve been around any girls in your life, you know as well as I do that they dont go aruond talking about how hot they are and what big boobs they have...even the pretty stupid ones arent that stupid.

2. Its just weird to go along with it, thats why.

Not true. It's called confidence sir

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

When I start school again this fall maybe I'll throw up a couple problems and look for some help;)

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Women are pathetic....

"I don't know why I fall for losers"

then

"I know he drinks heavily, but I feel bad for him"

It's not going to work get over it!

(sorry I am usually sympathic but that doesn't work, they just go back to making stupid decisions)

You must be like 18

I am 25 actually, a year younger than you, but obviously more experienced with good relationships because I don't take crap from people. I've had a tough life, I've gone through hell most people would be scarred for life. I am being harsh because that's what you need. READ what you are typing...SERIOUSLY I'll point out the main points.

You just met the man. He's twice your age, he's the first guy to really treat you nicely in a while, something you want, and you want that to be enough...which it is obvious is not or you wouldn't keep coming back now would you? He has a drinking problem, everyone has problems, he's asked you to marry him...out of love or desperation.

Define love, because I certainly don't see it as you state it. Two people who have been through thick and thin for along time together and still can say that they truely love each other...Thats LOVE. I am giving you high-school advice because you have puppy love my dear.

Your inference is mis-placed. I am just good at judging people so I give them advice as I see it. You don't have to take it! I don't think you possible have the ability to see through this rationally so I am giving it to you as straight as possible.

Sorry! I wish i could say it nicer, but nicer isn not going to help him or you.I generally care because you could both be ruining your lives...You need to really look at your situation for what it is...if you do, you might find that you are coming to the same conclusion I am.

Edited by GutZ

I am 25 actually, a year younger than you, but obviously more experienced with good relationships because I don't take crap from people. I've had a tough life, I've gone through hell most people would be scarred for life. I am being harsh because that's what you need. READ what you are typing...SERIOUSLY I'll point out the main points.

You just met the man. He's twice your age, he's the first guy to really treat you nicely in a while, something you want, and you want that to be enough...which it is obvious is not or you wouldn't keep coming back now would you? He has a drinking problem, everyone has problems, he's asked you to marry him...out of love or desperation.

Define love, because I certainly don't see it as you state it. Two people who have been through thick and thin for along time together and still can say that they truely love each other...Thats LOVE. I am giving you high-school advice because you have puppy love my dear.

Your inference is mis-placed. I am just good at judging people so I give them advice as I see it. You don't have to take it! I don't think you possible have the ability to see through this rationally so I am giving it to you as straight as possible.

Sorry! I wish i could say it nicer, but nicer isn not going to help him or you.I generally care because you could both be ruining your lives...You need to really look at your situation for what it is...if you do, you might find that you are coming to the same conclusion I am.

Thank you for your response. Incase you missed it, I walked away.;)

The only thing you're off base with is, I don't love him.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

I love him as a person, but not the kind of love that you need to be with someone. Does that make sense?

I love him as a person, but not the kind of love that you need to be with someone. Does that make sense?

I am glad you see that :) you know what to Look for now in guy...you have to be tough the first while in a relationship and be skeptical. It seem harsh but, people get side tracked by emotion, and don't look at things clearly. Love will come naturally.

Maybe we could instead talk about my relationship with my wife. You see, I kind of love her, but in a she-has-my-kids kinda way, but i'm just not sure if it's gonna work out. I mean 17 years and her ass just keeps gettin bigger.

She asked for a boob job once and I told her to rub a piece of toilet paper between her breasts several times a day, since it worked wonders on her ass.

But then, she does really nice things, like picking the w's out of my m&m's...I just don't know

Maybe we could instead talk about my relationship with my wife. You see, I kind of love her, but in a she-has-my-kids kinda way, but i'm just not sure if it's gonna work out. I mean 17 years and her ass just keeps gettin bigger.

She asked for a boob job once and I told her to rub a piece of toilet paper between her breasts several times a day, since it worked wonders on her ass.

But then, she does really nice things, like picking the w's out of my m&m's...I just don't know

Did I ever tell you I love you?

I find the safe strategy is to simply be good friends with a person for a while first. Gives you plenty of time to judge.

Of course, in my case, it gives other people plenty of time to think you're in a relationship you're not really in, but that's high school gossip for you.