Geek Music!

iPeppers

I hope the title is fitting...

I was wondering if anyone has some favourite geeky, nerdy, science, or sci-fi related bands? :cool: (metal or good punk bands get bonus points)

To get things rolling, I heard of Warp11 on either the Trekkies or Trekkies2 movie, and they are actually pretty decent. They are a star trek rock band. I'm not much of a crazy trekkie :embarass: (I wish), but they still made some cool songs. There was also some other klingon death metal band on those Trekkies movies, whose name escapes me. Give me some more gloriously geeky bands, please. ;)

edit: I guess I also listen to some HORSE the Band, and their genre of music is kind of known as nintendocore now. They have fused 8-bit nintendo sounding beats with american hardcore music (don't ask me how it works, but it does), and they have some lyrics to do with old video games such as mario 3.

well, if any one is familiar with the show the big bang theory, the bigining song is great for this. its called the big bang theory by the bare naked ladies.

another great "sciency" artist is tim minchin. hes an english comedy singer who has some great scientific rants. its awsome. {not recomended for religious fanatics}

well, if any one is familiar with the show the big bang theory, the bigining song is great for this. its called the big bang theory by the bare naked ladies.

another great "sciency" artist is tim minchin. hes an english comedy singer who has some great scientific rants. its awsome. {not recomended for religious fanatics}

Good stuff! I love the big bang theory tv show, yet somehow I had not known the the bare naked ladies sang that song, but now I do, and that totally makes sense! Thanks. :)

haha I just youtubed Tim Minchin as well, and that guy is hilarious! If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out! :D

I was wondering if anyone has some favourite geeky, nerdy, science, or sci-fi related bands? :cool: (metal or good punk bands get bonus points)

one of my fave bands:

this one`s off a pretty decent film too, although I like all their stuff.

It's wrong, though. Neanderthals didn't develop tools, or at least only developed their own tools.

I'm a big They Might Be Giants fan. "James K. Polk" is the best obscure history song I've ever heard. And of course there is MC Hawking.

Wow YT2095, combichrist videos are insane! I watched a bunch on youtube, and their music is pretty good, but where is the geekyness? :P

I totally forgot about MC Hawking! haha it's pretty funny stuff.

Just in case anyone is interested in that style of music. The lyrics are pretty funny, and IMHO the video itself is hilarious.

It's cool if you like Star Trek, and Everything I Do has some comedic lyrics.

I also remembered the name of that Klingon death metal band. haha

They dress like Klingons, act like Klingons, and I believe even sing some songs in Klingon. Can't get geekier than that. :D

Wow YT2095, combichrist videos are insane! I watched a bunch on youtube, and their music is pretty good, but where is the geekyness? :P

Look at my post again, and pay Particular attn to the quote and those words in Bold.

that track is from a Sci-Fi film (your 1`st requirement) and also fits your second requirement.

but here, try this one instead:

Look at my post again, and pay Particular attn to the quote and those words in Bold.

that track is from a Sci-Fi film (your 1`st requirement) and also fits your second requirement.

but here, try this one instead:

Ah, gotcha! What's the Gene Generation all about? It looks like it could be a good watch.

And yeah Daft Punk totally fits the bill. :) My roommate used to crank that song in uni residence and play it over and over again. He was in love with that song.

Ah, gotcha! What's the Gene Generation all about? It looks like it could be a good watch.

And yeah Daft Punk totally fits the bill. :) My roommate used to crank that song in uni residence and play it over and over again. He was in love with that song.

Aphex Twin?

I like the Boy/Girl Song sounds a lot like.............damn it I can't remember, some orchestra!

oh and mash potatoes.....................oh and speed racer..................

oh and don't confuse Richard D. James from Star Trek with Richard D. James AKA Aphex Twin it might make you look like a nub in a geek music thread!:)

Edited by buttacup