What is your science field?

chitrangda

which field of science do you belong?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. which field of science do you belong?

I voted maths and physics, although I'm doing a degree in physics, I'm currently studying maths...and I keep leaning towards the mathematical side of physics, I seem to enjoy it more.

I think this is due to physics, will get more exciting on more advanced topics, such as GR et.c I found quite a large chunk of my course last year, quite yawn inducing, but necessary all the same.

:)

So, we can discuss whether engineering is a science or not... If you're doing a first time design, which requires experiments, then you are making an effort to discover with the goal to optimize and implement. That is engineering, but also science. Does that therefore mean that engineering is science?

[/i]

I think you bring up some very good points Cap.

As a matter of fact, in the semiconductor industry in particular (but other industries as well), MANY people with degrees in 'physics' are officially classified as 'engineers' and they work side-by-side with people that have traditional engineering degrees; performing the same job functions.

That is one example of 'crossing over' from 'science to engineering'.

I'm sure that there are many others.

I wonder if 'crossing-over' from 'engineering to science' is as common .

as all whom know me know: chemistry, especially organic chemistry, so woohoo to chem,chem labs are true labs :P

Nitric,

Specifically, what are you?

Are you Red Fuming, White Fuming or regular Aqua Fortis?

So, we can discuss whether engineering is a science or not... If you're doing a first time design, which requires experiments, then you are making an effort to discover with the goal to optimize and implement. That is engineering, but also science. Does that therefore mean that engineering is science?

also,what is math?

The natural sciences investigate the physical universe but mathematics does not, so mathematics is not really a natural science

now,

is math a science? :D

• 3 months later...