collage grade genetics

Demosthenes

This is the course description of the 300 level genetics course I took as a college student.

300 /500 Genetics

4 crs (4-2). F, Sp.

Not for GE

P: BIOL 211 or 201 or 312 or 316 or consent of

instructor; and MATH 109 with a grade of C or above

Basic principles of heredity and variation; genetic systems, structure and roles of nucleic acids, mutation, allelism, genes in development, genes in populations, and genetics in human life; genetic engineering and genomics.

You show up to class. You listen to the instructor. You take notes. You do the exercises and homework. You visit the instructor or teaching assistant immediately if you don't understand something. You ask questions. You stay current on the material, and make sure to keep reviewing it as the semester progresses. When the test rolls around, you simply refresh your knowledge. If possible, setup a regular study group with people who are both smarter and dumber than you, as it helps you understand better when you both ask questions and answer them.

Note: This is advice for pretty much any college/university level class.

ecoli - Funny, I found those same images last night when I searched, but I decided that none of them were good enough for the joke, and that it may have been the beers I'd had during the football game making me be mean, so didn't share. Point being, like minds and great thinking. ;)

Actually you would benefit most from lectures, if you read beforehand and only use the info in the lecture to fill up anything you did not understand. It is hard to concentrate throughout the whole lecture, write up everything relevant and at the same time invest enough brainpower to not only memorize but understand what is being said.

Actually you would benefit most from lectures, if you read beforehand and only use the info in the lecture to fill up anything you did not understand. It is hard to concentrate throughout the whole lecture, write up everything relevant and at the same time invest enough brainpower to not only memorize but understand what is being said.

Whilst I agree with that to a certain extent I've found that lectures can only deliver a basal level of knowledge, the skeleton as it were. What is useful about them is the ability to ask questions and tangible examples. But then again, not all students read up on the lecture before they go to it.