high frequency gravity waves from the sun

granpa

I say, thats playing it a bit fast dont you think. pulsating is swelling and shrinking not rocking side to side.

I will discuss this no further on this site. you win. you can all sleep well tonight. if anyone is genuinely interested in this they can email me.

I will discuss this no further on this site. you win. you can all sleep well tonight. if anyone is genuinely interested in this they can email me.

OK, well, thanks for stopping by, don't let the door hit you on the rump on the way out...

Indeed.

(btw, I thought that was a very nice post after the "but seriously dude" comment, Bignose).

I say, thats playing it a bit fast dont you think. pulsating is swelling and shrinking not rocking side to side.

OK, fair point a lazy use of language, but the sun isn't doing that either.

It's not about winning, it's about reality.

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt say that it was. stop being so ridiculous. at least read what I said before you reply.

for the record, what I am saying here has nothing whatsoever to do with this:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16306-us-investigation-into-gravity-weapons-nonsense.html?DCMP=OTC-rss&nsref=tech

it has nothing to do with EM waves becoming gravity waves. the gravity waves I am talking about are created directly by the vibration of the nuclei due to heat.

I just realized that 'gravity wave' can mean 2 different things. I am talking about the kind that propagate through empty vacuum. not the sort that form on the surface of water or the atmosphere.

if these gravity waves are indeed responsible for the heating of the suns corona then it should be possible to build some kind of high frequency gravity wave detector. and if the process of absorption is reversible then it should be possible to build an emitter.

Edited by granpa
multiple post merged

I didnt say that it was. stop being so ridiculous. at least read what I said before you reply.

for the record, what I am saying here has nothing whatsoever to do with this:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16306-us-investigation-into-gravity-weapons-nonsense.html?DCMP=OTC-rss&nsref=tech

it has nothing to do with EM waves becoming gravity waves. the gravity waves I am talking about are created directly by the vibration of the nuclei due to heat.

Then how do you come up with your value for the gravitational energy? You clearly relate it to the EM energy. Which imo is fundementally flawed.

each vibrating nucleus is a classical antenna. lag due to the finite propagation speed of the field results in energy being lost. this energy becomes waves.

You've made a clear statement there, which imo needs mathematics. You've also not answered my question, I'm referring (still) to the origin of the 10^36

can you give me even one good reason why I should continue this discussion when all any of you do is constantly try to tear everything I say apart? I posted what I considered to be a thought provoking idea. I hoped I would find others who find this stuff as interesting as I do. I havent found even a single person who wants to do anything but attack every word I say.

this is not worth the effort. I'm getting nothing out of this at all.

can you give me even one good reason why I should continue this discussion when all any of you do is constantly try to tear everything I say apart?

Because we are scientists. That's what scientists do -- try to tear ideas down. Coming up with ideas is easy, but the trick is to come up with an idea that stands up to scrutiny. Sometimes, even usually, tearing down the idea is harder than coming up with it. The ideas that survive get promoted to theories.

Consider what we are doing a favor. If you want unquestioning followers, you should post at a religion forum, not a science forum.

• 4 weeks later...

just one quick note. I just found out that there is a precedent for atoms only absorbing certain waves when in a highly rarefied state. that is 'forbidden transitions'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_transition

Forbidden emission lines have only been observed in extremely low-density gases and plasmas, either in outer space or in the extreme upper atmosphere of the Earth.

...forbidden transitions account for a significant percentage of the photons emitted by the ultra-low density gas in space

from the op:

therefore if some unknown quantum mechanical interaction causes the solar atmosphere to absorb these high frequency gravity waves then that could explain the coronal heating.

these hypothetical gravity waves pass through the bulk of the sun but are absorbed in the rarified solar atmosphere.

But, is there any evidence at all that these "forbidden transitions" are gravity waves?

Just because there is a "penchant" for rarefied atoms for absorbing "certain" waves (care to be any more specific than "certain"?) doesn't mean that they automatically do the same for your gravity waves.

There are waves on the ocean surface and light behaves as a wave, but the two are very, very different despite their both being waves. Just because rarefied atoms absorb "certain" waves really doesn't say much at all about their ability to absorb gravity waves.

this isnt complicated.

I dont understand why you cant work this out for yourselves.

You are presenting your theory. The onus is on you to provide any relevant reasoning or calculations, and common sense would seem to suggest that these are best derived before the theory is publicised.

now I already know that you have a response ready for this so I wont bother to respond to it.

If you don't want peer review, don't ask for it.

bullshit.

This is a big no-no. Please read the SFN rules and the associated SFN Etiquette thread.

I just realized why mainstream science is against this idea. if solar wind is caused by gravity waves then so are reletivistic jets from black holes. that would mean that black holes arent singularities. that means that its hopeless for me to try to convince any of you that I am right.

since its hopeless I give it up.

Whether or not there is any point in continuing to argue for your position is contingent on the availability of evidence, not some phantom "mainstream science" working to block your idea.

You need to change your approach if you want people to give you the feedback you feel your theory deserves. The first step is to adopt a less hostile and confrontational attitude, and the second step is to provide the calculations or reasoning that people ask for so that they can understand what you are proposing.