Tesla dynamic theory of gravity, matter, etc!

Elnyp

Been reading William Lyne's book, "Occult Ether Physics" which explains Tesla's theories and talks about the ideas of the Ether at beginning of 20th cent. It all makes so much sense to me and seems to be a unified theory unlike Relativity/Quantum Mechanics!! So how did we end up with Relativity which leaves my feeble brain like porridge?? :doh:

Well......occult is only put in to say that it's hidden knowledge as he explains in the book. It's just it all seems to make so much sense and how could anyone have proven the Ether doesn't exist as in this theory the particles of the Ether are assumed to be so small they're beyond out instruments to measure?

:)

yeah...

so if they are too small for us to measure, then how do we know they are there in the first place?

if they have an observable effect then they are measurable. and things on the scale of elementary particles don't really have a definite size anyway. we don't measure the diameter of electrons(mainly because they don't have one).

ether is bunk look up the michleson-morely experiment. and they were trying to prove the existance of the ether.

ether is bunk look up the michleson-morely experiment. and they were trying to prove the existance of the ether.

Technically, they were trying to measure our speed through it; since the observation of stellar parallax meant we weren't at rest, the null result of M-M ended up disproving the ether.

Well....that's told me hu....very interesting. Thanx for the response folks...have to go and look up those experiments! It's a shame because I could understand Tesla's model..he..he!!:doh:

Well, wow those guys went to a lot of trouble but the end result was:

"recognised that the results, whatever their cause, did not quite tally with either his or Einstein’s versions of special relativity!"

so, guess the Ether theory wasn't really buried? Anyhow, I'm sure in Tesla's theory the Ether didn't affect the passage of light but acted like a liquid for matter? Read a recent article in New Scientist by a respected physicist who thought space acted more like a liquid and another who thought Time was not relevant! Well, that's starting to sound a lot like Tesla's theory of the Ether!!:doh:

dr einstein (why do people drop the 'dr') in later life began to say that in his opinion the ether theory shouldnt be totally thrown away. in his view spacetime was the ether.

one of the arguments against ether is that it produces no drag on the earth . but what about electrons in a superconductor. why can they pass through solid matter without any drag?

dr einstein (why do people drop the 'dr') in later life began to say that in his opinion the ether theory shouldnt be totally thrown away. in his view spacetime was the ether.

one of the arguments against ether is that it produces no drag on the earth . but what about electrons in a superconductor. why can they pass through solid matter without any drag?

I think Einstein's discussion is a little more subtle. He was saying that space is not nothingness — it has properties. The problem with using the term "ether" to describe the properties of space at this point is that you run into confusion with the original lumineferous ether that represents the preferred reference frame. You have to continually remind people which ether you're talking about.

Been reading William Lyne's book, "Occult Ether Physics" which explains Tesla's theories and talks about the ideas of the Ether at beginning of 20th cent. It all makes so much sense to me and seems to be a unified theory unlike Relativity/Quantum Mechanics!!

The full title of the book is "Occult Ether Physics: Tesla's Hidden Space Propulsion System and the Conspiracy to Conceal It". For the utter amusement of the members of ScienceForums, the referenced book is on the web at http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/tesla/occultether/occultether.htm.

There is absolutely nothing to this. First indicator: There is no mathematics. Mathematics is the heart and sole of physics. Without mathematics, the author is doing philosophy, and is doing so very badly.

Second indicator: The author posits a vast conspiracy that spans 90 years to keep the true nature of universe hidden. The only way two people can keep a secret is if one of them is dead. In that 90 year span somebody would have talked. Either all of the tens (hundreds?) of thousands of physicists alive today are part of this vast conspiracy (somebody would have talked!) or the people behind this conspiracy have managed to hide the real laws of physics from the normal run-of-the-mill idiot physicists. Either the conspiracy is world-wide and involves high-level officials in the governments of all of the advanced nations for the past 90 years, or the real laws of the universe are somehow hidden from all but those in the know in the CIA and NASA (which the author calls NAZIA). Think about it this way: For the first 70 years of this conspiracy, the Soviet Union was the mortal enemy of the USA. What kept the Soviet Union from discovering this secret and using it to beat the US to the Moon?

So how did we end up with Relativity which leaves my feeble brain like porridge?? :doh:

Learn the mathematics. This will take some honest effort.

Been reading William Lyne's book, "Occult Ether Physics" which explains Tesla's theories and talks about the ideas of the Ether at beginning of 20th cent. It all makes so much sense to me and seems to be a unified theory unlike Relativity/Quantum Mechanics!! So how did we end up with Relativity which leaves my feeble brain like porridge?? :doh:

Just because something makes superficial sense, does not make it correct. Just because you don't understand something does not make it wrong.

Newton's Laws of Gravitation makes sense. But they make predictions about the behaviours of objects in the gravitational field that are incorrect. Therefore, no matter how much sense Newton's Gravitational Laws make, they are wrong.

I don't full y understand the workings of a Car. Does that make Cars impossible. No.

An individual's understanding makes no difference to whether something is correct or not.

One you can abandon this egocentric view, then you will have more of a chance to understand what science says.

I can beat that occult ether theory in three words. God did it. What could be simpler to understand than that? Less trouble than actually figuring out how the world really works which leaves my brain like porridge.

Are you sure that isn't what really leaves your brain like porridge?:D