Clintons for McCain

bascule

Yeah, they look like undercover Republicans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UxxhYa8K0s

I like how they're there to spread a bunch of Swift Boat-esque BS, and how easily the reporter manages to weasel the real story out of them. I have a 17 page report! I'll be glad to e-mail it to you... the Ann Coulter approach to spreading lies.

I also enjoyed how sober the response from Obama's supporters were. I mean, the first lady basically paints them as religious bigots, but she does it in such a nice grandma baking you chocolate chip cookies kinda way it doesn't even seem spiteful. And the girl at the end is awesome...

I don't foresee you expressing the same sentiment next week when Democrats do the same thing to Republicans. This thread would be more appropriate for your blog. Please don't tell me we're in for a week of partisan enemy-bashing from you and iNow just because the Dems are all a-goggle over the spectacle in Denver.

Party conventions aren't politics, fellas. They're marketing.

Party conventions aren't politics, fellas. They're marketing.

American politics (and to a lesser extent, European politics) is marketing 24/7, whether it's election year or not. When the primary goal of politicians is to get elected next time again, then their tool cannot be anything else than marketing. It's logical, and it works.

Mark Warner gave a good speech, I think. Substantive and all. He's an example of why I like Southern Democrats. They're good pragmatists who know how to work with people. You're not hearing any of this spiteful Clinton crap from any Warners or Bredesens.

Other than that, yeah, a lot of marketing.

I hope for the Democrats sake that, when their supporters attempt to do the same thing to the Republicans, they have a better response than, "I'm not going to tell you the name of the congressional investigator responsible for the 17-page report that forms the basis of my whole attack on the candidate". Sounds like some of the unsubstantiated crackpot claims we get at SFN.

Although, I could almost believe that it was staged *for* the Democrats, the arguments were so lame. And of course, you end with a very eloquent young black female delegate being almost shouted out by the brassy bitch who'd already had her say.

Obama gets the nomination for Democratic candidate, and the nominees for best supporting actresses are....

Please don't tell me we're in for a week of partisan enemy-bashing from you and iNow just because the Dems are all a-goggle over the spectacle in Denver.

Dude... WTF? How did I get pulled into this? :confused:

God... talk about bashing... that was a stealthy sniper attack you just launched on me (quickly moving water craft, maybe?). :rolleyes:

From Pangloss's response I think he wants us to pretend the DNC isn't happening

I tried to pretend it wasn't happening but they were all over my local channels...ahhh!!

Actually, I was hoping Hillary was going to add some drama and make a serious play for the nomination. That would've been kick ass. I know you guys would have hated it, but I like Hillary better on foreign affairs and next to Obama she seems less self absorbed. I'm also thinking she may have a better shot at winning the presidency for the democrats.

A while ago I made my little prediction that Obama would be it - no doubt. But I'm just not "seeing" it now. My prescience has given me the cold shoulder. I say McCain-Romney out loud and my mind reel plays flashes of McCain in the oval office, Romney asleep in his chair, I see President McCain in a news story.

I say Obama-Biden...and I get nothing. I'm just not feeling it ya'll. Something is wrong in the force.

Edited by ParanoiA
stupid

I say Obama-Biden...and I get nothing. I'm just not feeling it ya'll. Something is wrong in the force.

I wish I got nothing from Bush-Cheney.

Biden is not a sheep like Lieberman - he will either add or distract from the ticket, but he will make an impact.

I say McCain-Romney out loud and my mind reel plays flashes of McCain in the oval office, Romney asleep in his chair, I see President McCain in a news story.
Is it a story about him standing at the gates of hell, shaking bin-Laden's decapitated head as drops of blood fall on the dustbowl that was once the United States of America?

I also don't feel it. What I'm feeling is disgust that I feel obligated to vote Obama-Biden so McCain-? doesn't happen. While I think Romney is more savvy than McCain about the economy, I feel the economy needs a break from guys like Romney. Massachusetts has suffered a great deal economically under Romney. Pawlenty might be a better choice to offset McCain's age. And Pawlenty could probably teach McCain how to send an email.