Air Trecks

Jon13

That is going to be the closest thing to an AT we can get our hands on for now. Can't wait to see what it turns into. Now, if I could only build a more powerful version for myself. . . From what I could see in the video, it worked very well. It is well on it's way to success! Now then, to make it obtainable. . . Must. . . Have. . .

Edited by JDMar

• 1 month later...

Hi guys so i happen to come back to reading the manga and so i had to see where people were on the subject on AT and i found this model i dunno if this will help because im not an engineer or anything but maybe it can

http://m.autoevolution.com/rocket-skates-are-the-electric-motorized-roller-blades-that-will-blow-your-mind-video-83741.html

• 2 months later...

Hi all! I'm new in this forum. I really love the at's idea and me and my friend searched for a prototype or something like this in the web. This forum is really nice and I see that you help yours lot. I'm not an expert engineer but I'm studying energetics and electrotechnics in a university in Italy. I want create so much the ATs and I hope that my future knowledge could be helpfull. In this I'm trying to keep some information for a possible solution :D (sorry for my bad English XD)

• 2 months later...

!

Moderator Note

A thread aimed at turning this into an actual project has been opened here. Discuss the technology in the current thread, but if you think you could help put specific ideas to work on the project, then join the discussion there.

• 1 month later...

Air Treck with electric battery that holds up to 12 h its old ones that u all know i was found an element that wasnt in chemistry book it calls Etery if u know it :) that i was taked a one hard technology that etery can make electry if u understand good all over eterry it is becouse it is in air :) that u breathing yes and it is make it self electry so my formula that i use never stop working :) plus i used diamond mettalic breaks that it perfectly works and other parts i was spend it all on it about £ 2.500 but it was worth it :) becouse my air trecks max speed is 120mph :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a design but I need someone that understands better of engineer than me.

As far as I have seen, it's completely different than anything that as been seen in here.

yeah. show it. I went for mechatronic engineering just for this topic

• 4 months later...

Hah awesome. I've been designing a type of boot+holder combination based off of skate sneakers and AT designs (which are really hard to find, I've realized) and I'm wondering if anyone has figured the engineering down to fit it into a shoe and power the wheels yet?

Would a hub motor work any?

Edited by Minerva_Of_AT

• 2 months later...

Moseshatch, I know about alchemy and all, I skate aggressive and all as well. I suppose good job on designing your model, but as other people have asked, please ATLEAST post a picture of them, Tech specs. would be impressive, but I’m sure many people are doubting you, give us a peek. Either way, I am currently working on my own designs. Basic mechanical components would consist of a homopolar generator and a linear motor for the drive wheel set in a heliocentric ring <much like a low energy railgun>, would use currently available wheel designs with absolutely no modification, same bearings. It would be potentially powerful and completely customizable. Battery size would be up to the user and purpose, the generator would serve as a constant energy source, the motor would be used to assist, not for full power, lets not be lazy. Bulk of the skates would be electrical work, not mechanical, so lets get some electrical engineers in here, or if so inclined, PM me. My design would be easily controllable and fairly predictable, it would theoretically, for example allow a 30 MPH skater to obtain 40 MPH, using a 1/3 ratio <editable>. Whoever proposed using weight sensors, is spot on for my design, thank-you. Drive regulation system would be about as complex as a TI-86, and fully editable. All of this is theoretical at this point, but based on logic, a few simple additions would allow you to skate backwards, brake, jump without sudden acceleration unless desired, land, etc. In addition as stated before, completely customizable for just about any purpose. A mechanical concept has been worked through partially as well, requiring no electricity, but it requires many new parts, complexity, cost and weight. Still it would be even crazier than conventional Air-Treck concepts, incredible trick possibilities, basically vectoring forces on your feet, a very interesting concept.

honestly I think that could possibly work...any ideas on how to get it into the physical build stage and out of just theory? I would love to help in any way I can even if that just means bouncing ideas

very interesting i'm only 14 but i can't help just thinking about making air trecks when i watched the series

it would have to go pretty fast though at least 30 mph

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

oh also are we talking about putting this engine into rollerblades or making ur own rollerblades

cause right now i want them so much my minds already telling me what you could when there made

but they will probaly be illegal in england

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

i'm thinking that we could make teams our selves and challenge people and the amount of tricks u would be able to do so many tricks

Yeah, we would of course have to make teams ourselves however, there exists an actual parts war network page that allows yo to get into contact with other storm riders, set up parts wars etc. they even have the kind of parts war divided up into their respective challenges, it's actually pretty wicked

• 2 months later...

I have been working on the Aesthetics and making them look true to life, as well as leaving space for all the components, so if anyone wants to work with me in creating the individual parts, that'd be fantastic!

the only parts that we would need a fairly large research power for are the tiny motors and battery source!

The batteries are becoming less of an issue due to so many phones coming out with longer batteries in smaller phones, so one day we might not even need to do any of that because looking at the actual space in the air trecks, it is perfect!!

the cpu chip can be programmed and held in any part in the front or back of the shoe and using flat wires for computers and soldering them to different components, we can save ample space!!

Shock absorbers that tiny can be manufactured very easily from 9260. 9260 has hardly any Chromium and about 2% Silicon, which is what car springs are made from, and those can again be directed to steel manufacturers for very cheap in bulk with a hydraulic core to the suspension much like dune buggy springs which would have to be in the inside of the shoe with a steel rod elongating it to the wheels (I don't know if i explained that correctly)

Besides the suspension, the batteries are the biggest thing in the shoe, and the pressure plate can be fitted right inside the inner part of the shoe!!

Anything I missed?

I have been working on the Aesthetics and making them look true to life, as well as leaving space for all the components, so if anyone wants to work with me in creating the individual parts, that'd be fantastic!

the only parts that we would need a fairly large research power for are the tiny motors and battery source!

The batteries are becoming less of an issue due to so many phones coming out with longer batteries in smaller phones, so one day we might not even need to do any of that because looking at the actual space in the air trecks, it is perfect!!

the cpu chip can be programmed and held in any part in the front or back of the shoe and using flat wires for computers and soldering them to different components, we can save ample space!!

Shock absorbers that tiny can be manufactured very easily from 9260. 9260 has hardly any Chromium and about 2% Silicon, which is what car springs are made from, and those can again be directed to steel manufacturers for very cheap in bulk with a hydraulic core to the suspension much like dune buggy springs which would have to be in the inside of the shoe with a steel rod elongating it to the wheels (I don't know if i explained that correctly)

Besides the suspension, the batteries are the biggest thing in the shoe, and the pressure plate can be fitted right inside the inner part of the shoe!!

Anything I missed?

Sounds good! Using a smaller version of a car suspension would be interesting. And the pressure plate would have to have resistance so you don't lean on it all the way without trying.

I'm not much of an engineer or artist, but I'll try to help out anyway I can :)

• 5 months later...

what if you used metal wheels hollowed them out and put a small motor in them and used the leaning for control like in the anime and to charge the motors set something up for when ur using them the actual rotation of the wheels charge the motors?

maby this can help?

td202waw8pwqxezozfi9.png

Unfortunately, that could only work if you had a secondary form of power and that would be considered a perpetual machine, which is a big no no in the laws of physics. We could have it where the brakes serve as a form of charging through an electromagnetic generator.

looking closer, the bearings would have to be made of ceramic, you can use skate bearings, they are impact resistant and ceramics are an amazing material to use for bearings. If the wheels are three inches in diameter there should be enough space to create everything and scaling the skate bearings to the picture, the wheels would be at most 4-5 inches which is an incredible amount of space. I have prototype models ready for 3D Printing to see how large the items we need IRL and to have a proper understanding as to what we are missing. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestion for an excellent plastic that could be used for the structural component of the AT's so the outside of it, or if anyone knows the name of the plastic used for ice skates, that is a very structurally sound plastic, very sturdy and is mold-able (3D printable) for the AT's, The Plastic that can be used for the wheels can be the same as skateboard/long board wheels.

Anything i missed?

Unfortunately, that could only work if you had a secondary form of power and that would be considered a perpetual machine, which is a big no no in the laws of physics. We could have it where the brakes serve as a form of charging through an electromagnetic generator.

looking closer, the bearings would have to be made of ceramic, you can use skate bearings, they are impact resistant and ceramics are an amazing material to use for bearings. If the wheels are three inches in diameter there should be enough space to create everything and scaling the skate bearings to the picture, the wheels would be at most 4-5 inches which is an incredible amount of space. I have prototype models ready for 3D Printing to see how large the items we need IRL and to have a proper understanding as to what we are missing. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestion for an excellent plastic that could be used for the structural component of the AT's so the outside of it, or if anyone knows the name of the plastic used for ice skates, that is a very structurally sound plastic, very sturdy and is mold-able (3D printable) for the AT's, The Plastic that can be used for the wheels can be the same as skateboard/long board wheels.

Anything i missed?

In most skate holders, I believe they use nylon, or nylon reinforced ABS. Both are printable in a 3D printer. You should be able to use just about any hard, printable plastic though, such as XT Copolyster, which is specifically made for 3D printing. Not too sure how it would turn out as a skate holder but that's what experiments are for lol.

I'm just curious as to how a brake and acceleration system would be incorporated.

Edited by _Minerva_

• 6 months later...

I have thought of this to a crazy degree at least for me so I would like to know a few things and where everyone is at with this project.

First, how will the wheels be meaning how would we go about building it? how will it look like?...etc

Second, design and components what is an idea of how it would look? what would be inside the shoe?

This may be limiting in a lot of ways but from what I have read thus far there only talk about parts of this project. I would like to hear how it would be as a whole. Then with my ideas, we can work off each other.  

This is how I see it...

we use Tesla style turbine/ DC motor which would be attached directly to the wheel (I also thought maybe removable (...skate tires?) which I can be taking out after overuse and replace living the motor reusable.

I am working on the shoe design and it looks a lot like the one in the anime and I find that It's really easy to mount it to the souls where the computer and battery will be.

With a good design, we can have good air flow to cool the battery and the motor.

As for the start and go functions they need to be done using your feet (yes that sounds hard but I think with prototyping and testing it's possible) I don't want to use a remote control and I think we don't need it. As of now the one way I think will work is adding sensors to detect the application of weight and balance by the rider. So, if you put all your weight to your toes then move forward and to your heels move back balancing your weight will slow it down to a stop--will take getting used to. (Just a starting though, that needs lots of testing).

I working on the battery and I think we must find a different solution to that than going with the regular lithium battery model. We need to have light as possible battery with still enough power and distance on a charge. Because we don't want people wearing 5-10 pound shoes that can't even go for 50 miles. This is not well thought I was too excited!

• 7 months later...

Hey so, was wondering if anyone has managed to create anything close to them yet. Also wow this thread was created in 2008. Technology gets better each year so I hope that we’re getting closer to where they are actually real. 

• 2 years later...