Antimatter

Are antimatters present anywhere in the universe. And is it really possible to create antimatters in Earth.

P.S. I came to know of this when I read the book "Angels and Demons"

Can anybody please help me

Thank you

That's a fun read, and a book I enjoyed very much myself, but it is still fiction. It's important you remember that the ending Dan Brown chose, despite how well it works in context of the story he tells, it is still a bit far-fetched when viewed scientifically. :)

Antimatter is simply matter with the opposite Electric charge, lepton nubmer, and baryon number.

Because of this it's wave is equal and opposite and therefore causes destructive wave intereference with normal matter.

Technically, you could have sections of the universe made of antimatter, though they have yet to be observed. But the point is they react chemically (with other anti-matter) the same was normal matter does.

yes, antimatter does exist. However, since when antimatter comes into contact with most matter it annihilates, it only lasts for a very brief amount of time.

We are able to make antimatter on Earth but because it's so costly we cannot make very much of it.

Because we can only make it by accelerating stuff to REALLY high energies and then that energy usually forms some electrons and positrons and then some protons and anti protons, and we separate them by their charge.

It's REALLY expensive.

because the particle accelerators you need to make it are extremely costly. For a brief understanding on how expensive these kinds of things can be, you might want to look up Fermilab. , or atom smasher.

Actually particle accellerators aren't used to make them.

Scientists use a lovely little device known as a particle deaccellerator to slow down the antiparticles until they are slightly cooler so they can study them.

Antimatter is currently the most expensive substance on Earth.

They slow them down.

From what I know about what CERN did they had to produce the antiprotons themselves, and then transfer them into, and slow them down using, an antiproton decelerator. They did this so they could study them at lower energies.

I was quoting so that people would know who and what I am responding to...

and I was sure, that's why it's so expensive; because of the particle deaccellerators.

Sorry if I offended you so much by accidently phrasing my comment incorrectly...

I'm pretty sure that the actual particle accelerator's electrical bill is the most expensive thing. You could theoretically actually gain energy by decellerating the anti-particles.

What if people used cosmic rays to produce antimatter? Then I'd imagine the collector would be the most expensive thing.