Primary & Caucus Predictions and Results

ecoli

Some say that he's riding as a republican to get more recognition and participation, but that he may ultimately run as an independent. Had he chosen to run as an independent now, he'd have missed all of the debates and news coverage he's received....

That was speculation from me. Nothing more.

Is there an official .gov site tracking [delegate count] anywhere?

Anyone?

So is there a reason Ron Paul is still in at this point? I mean, I never expected him to drop out, but I was wondering if he's actually given some sort of justification. Making a point?

You know, I'm not real sure why, but he says he plans to ride it out all the way to the convention. He says this after he admits the chances of a brokered convention are nil, and he only expects have about 40 plus delegates going into it.

I guess it's all about getting the message to Washington. He also claims no third party run.

Let me tell you my thoughts. With Romney gone, the chances of a brokered convention are nearly zero. But that does not affect my determination to fight on, in every caucus and primary remaining, and at the convention for our ideas, with just as many delegates as I can get. But with so many primaries and caucuses now over, we do not now need so big a national campaign staff, and so I am making it leaner and tighter. Of course, I am committed to fighting for our ideas within the Republican party, so there will be no third party run. I do not denigrate third parties -- just the opposite, and I have long worked to remove the ballot-access restrictions on them. But I am a Republican, and I will remain a Republican.

Sunday Afternoon now and Clinton has narrowed Obama's lead at MSNBC....

MSNBC

Obama 943 delegates

Clinton 895 delegates

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22419475

....and Obama is closing in on Clinton at ABC/AP....

Obama 1095 delegates

Clinton 1118 delegates

Real-time Race Results: Updated February 10, 2008 - 1:00 PM (all times Eastern Standard)

http://abcnews.go.com/politics/elect...egates?ref=ipb

:confused:

The powers that be, that have a huge stake in maintaining the status quo, have to be absolutely thrilled at their good fortune. This thing is going to be settled in a back room filled with cigar smoke by "The Man" (aka Superdelegates), folks.

That freaks me out more than just a little bit....you?

EDIT:

WOW. This can't be a good sign for the Clinton campain...................

Democratic Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton replaced campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle with longtime aide Maggie Williams on Sunday, a staff shake-up coming just hours after presidential rival Barack Obama's weekend sweep of three contests.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080210/ap_on_el_pr/clinton_campaign_manager