Best language for Artificial Intelligent Machines

DivideByZero

Best human language to use with Artificial Intelligence  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Best human language to use with Artificial Intelligence

• English
    • Esperato
    • Other

What should be the best human language for communicating with a artificial intelligent machine.

1. English: most common - yet most annoying to work with for both the programmer and the end user.

2. Esperanto: one of the best planned languages, international language, very easy to learn, very easy to program with

3. Other planned languages?

I'm in the beginning process of creating AI (the very beginning). I was brainstorming and I came to a conflict of whether the language the computer should speak to the human should be English or another.

The machine isn't for market. It is not for any profit. It is simply to study Intelligence. Esperanto is a human language, but not a official language of any region.

The machine isn't for market. It is not for any profit. It is simply to study Intelligence. Esperanto is a human language, but not a official language of any region.

Except that it was consciously created, not formed.

I'm in the beginning process of creating AI (the very beginning). I was brainstorming and I came to a conflict of whether the language the computer should speak to the human should be English or another.

If you want to use an artificial language, I suggest you make or use one that translates directly into logic (eg predicate logic, if you count that as 'language'). If you want to use a human language, use your native tongue. But if you can make an AI that can learn a language, then you must be, at the very least, a genius.

The machine isn't for market. It is not for any profit. It is simply to study Intelligence.

I hope you learn something then, and have fun.

Esperanto is a human language, but not a official language of any region.

I remember one of my professors saying how children learning Esperanto all made similar modifications to it. Something to do with innate language ability and Esperanto not matching it. However, my googling skills have not found anything to back that up, so he may have been mistaken or maybe I misunderstood it. Also, there are other artificial languages, and I doubt Esperanto would be the best one.

But bascule, that thread is about program languages. This thread is about what speakable language should the machine use to communicate with us humans.

If you have a computer program fluent in natural language it shouldn't greatly matter what natural language(s) it's fluent in, unless you want try to apply the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis to AI systems.