Alien invasion

immortal

Why would they come to me? Surely they would publish such a thing without government intervention. And if they did come to me, surely what I do about it would depend in what that evidence consists in, no?

Why would they come to me? Surely they would publish such a thing without government intervention. And if they did come to me, surely what I do about it would depend in what that evidence consists in, no?

:doh: And why didn't the OP think of this?

Assuming you are the President of USA if a group of scientists came to you having strong evidence for an alien civilization what will you do.

Immediately register the domain "encyclopediagallacticaportal.com".

I would sequester the group of scientists for a debriefing of indeterminate length. While they are being... questioned, I would have my spin doctors start a whisper campaign about how the government doesn't spend enough money on research into alien civilizations. Then I would call my... contact at the Carlyle Group and put together a comprehensive portfolio of contractors who specialize in alien civilization consulting.

Next I would accuse France of conspiring with evil aliens.

My next step would depend on whether or not the aliens were superior in technology to us. If they are then I would try to determine what they might like as a gift of goodwill (possibly France?). If they're not then I would find out what they have of value and start another whisper campaign about how we need more of whatever it is they have.

Next I would start work on the Patriot Act III (making me Earth Emperor) so I could force it through Congress right after the scientists reveal their discovery. Finally, after insuring that the scientists knew how profitable my side of the academic fence is, I would let them go so they could let the people know about this amazing new discovery which will change the face of life on Earth.