a small question related to time

amoda

How do i know what day it is if i lost my memory and no one was around to tell me. Oh also i have no watch, cellphone on me or anything that easily tells me the time. My sister asked me that and i didn't know an answer just hoping you would.

If you didn't know what day it was, it would be impossible to find out without reference to a piece of information about the day (eg. what day it was THEN). The 'day of the week' is just an artificial construct, reasonably unlike 'time of day'

well if you couldn`t look at a vewspaper or wait for automated churchbells on a sunday or anything, I guess you`de have be on desert island or something, you might just about be able to work out the month by the seasons, moon phase and stars available.

I guess you`de just have to not know, I can`t think of a way yet :)

Maybe you could check your feacies (Sp?) Cos we eat different food on certain days. Like sunday dinner, or you could deliberately eat a different meal each day because you know about your bad memory problem. So you check your feacies, and if it's Sunday dinner, you are into Monday, and now you eat whatever you eat on mondays. Make it something obvious like sweat corn, pommegranits, Vindaloo! LOL!

Probably not to be taken too seriously!

Pincho.

Are you allowed a timer?

If you can time a 24 hour period you can plot the suns position halfway through it and determine the day based on its position in the analemma, since it's in a different part of the sky each day at noon. Of course this is an extremely difficult task that you're probably not capable of if you can't find your way back to civilization...