If you didn't have to work, what would you do?

Sisyphus

save up a coupla years for a large boat and all the supplies i'd need to build a livable life on a deserted tropical island (library and media library included of course)... or isolated coastline if i can't find an island
If you're looking for someone to play Gilligan, I'm your man!

Good to see you back, O desert flower!

I would be doing pretty much what I am doing now. Due to an injury I am unable to work and am on disability support. So I sort of am in this situation now (only with less money).

A lot of the replies have been along the lines of spending sprees and such, but the income is not that much (remember it is just an average, middle income).

I would try to keep my spendings at the same level that I do now. I have a satisfactory level of luxury (computer, books, social life, etc) and I don't see a need to have to spend more money on luxuries.

considering that it would actually be a big income increase for me, this would mean that my savings would be significant if I could keep my spending around what it currently is, but I don't really know what I would spend it on.