Creationism - My first post in SFN

-Demosthenes-

It does work, because the sort by part of the query is processed before the limit.

IOW, it orders all the search results in the set before it selects and returns the first 1,000 of that set.

That make sense. I was searching first and then reordering. Using your method turned up my first post (though from my comment, it looks like there was an earlier post which was deleted): http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showpost.php?p=73483&postcount=25

Hi guys - sorry about the post above (I wanted to check if I could post, thinking I would edit it, but can't find the edit button.....(I can be a bit thick sometimes))

Anyway, I wanted to comment that 150 is a little unfair. First of all, the extra particles are not particles in the Standard Model - they are particles introduced by Supersymmetry. Supersymmetry introduces a new particle for every particle we have in the Standard Model: for every fermion we get an extra boson and for every boson we get an extra fermion. If I remember correctly the Minimal Supersymmetric Standard Model then has 123 particles (or thereabouts).

But that is not very fair either because supersymmetry has also introduced a new fermionic 'dimension' into the game, and the new particles are really just the component of the old particles in the new femionic dimension. So they are really just different facets of the old particles and not new ones at all!