Do any of you subscribe to Scientific American?

aommaster

How many of you subscribe to Scientific American  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many of you subscribe to Scientific American

• Yes! I do subscribe
    • No!
    • I used to!
    • What is Scientific American?

Is every second page advertising? That seems to be par for the course at the moment.

I generally avoid magazines with America in the title. I don't really like to read the self congratulation that goes on in them. I prefer the UK magazines with the impartial reports of excellence in the UK.

atinymonkey have you got hang-ups over America? Nationalist do not write Scientific American, scientists write that that magazine, if if your thinking that only "American" scientific magazines contain advertisements on every other page, then you are seriously deluded. And by the way i am not a American, just civil.

I generally avoid magazines with America in the title. I don't really like to read the self congratulation that goes on in them. I prefer the UK magazines with the impartial reports of excellence in the UK.

I suspect impartial magazines reporting on excellence in the UK to be biannual at most, as the content would be few and far between.

Joking aside, I hope you were joking.

Well, I can't very well accede to a colonial upstart, now can I?

Hrumph.

Wolfson, I hate advertising generically, I'm not continent specific that one. I hope that one day I can open a magazine without finding 16 new products I need to make my life better, faster and minty fresh. I also object to subsidising the magazines revenue directly and indirectly through advertising fees.

Guest gamemastermh

Scientific American is quite an excellent publication. Its smarter than Discover and some other magazines and a lot of the articles are pertinent to future technoligies. Science magazine is good too, but way harder to understand than Scientific American.

In SA I really liked the article a while back about new motion systems through plastics (or rubber?). It was the cover story.